Looking for Bushnell Engage reviews

megastink

Looking forward views from users that have used this scope extensively since it's release. How's the tracking? Holding zero? Any issues?

I have the 2.5-10. Holds zero really well. Very clear at the price point. Havent had a chance to really test the tracking. But no complaints so far.

I have the 4-16x44mm on my 270wsm. The glass is really good for the price point, the reticle is really fine...maybe a little busy but that's pretty minor.
I haven't had a chance to test the tracking, but just messing around with zero has been pretty good. The biggest downside for me is no zero stop. I'm thinking it will end up on a .22 because of that.

I've had one for about a year (4-16x44). It was intended as a "beater/spare", to be moved around from rifle to rifle. I got it during a rebate and Black Friday, and paid only about $250.

It's now sitting on my spare 270 Win, and will probably stay there forever. It's absolutely awesome for the normal street price, and probably the best deal I've ever gotten on gun stuff for the price I paid.

The thing I like the best is the locking turrets. If I had to choose between lockers and zero stop, I'd take the lockers. I've had the turrets on my Vortex HS-T spin in the field, and though it's never cost me a shot, it gives me the heebie jeebies every time.

The scope is relatively light weight, and the glass is comparable to my HS-T 4-16x44. The reticle is great (very fine sub tensions), and so far, it tracks well. I've not done a true tracking test, but it's lived on 3 different rifles, and the clicks always matched the drops out to 15-20 MOA, and it always returns to zero.

If you're considering an Engage, right now Midway has a few of Bushnell's Forge line on sale for a wicked discount. Presumably better glass, 6X zoom ratio, same locking turrets but with zero stop also, and an included throw lever. At ~$425 for the SFP and ~$575 for the FFP out the door, I've almost bought one several times in the last couple weeks, even though I don't need it right now.

I've had one for about a year (4-16x44). It was intended as a "beater/spare", to be moved around from rifle to rifle. I got it during a rebate and Black Friday, and paid only about $250.

It's now sitting on my spare 270 Win, and will probably stay there forever. It's absolutely awesome for the normal street price, and probably the best deal I've ever gotten on gun stuff for the price I paid.

The thing I like the best is the locking turrets. If I had to choose between lockers and zero stop, I'd take the lockers. I've had the turrets on my Vortex HS-T spin in the field, and though it's never cost me a shot, it gives me the heebie jeebies every time.

The scope is relatively light weight, and the glass is comparable to my HS-T 4-16x44. The reticle is great (very fine sub tensions), and so far, it tracks well. I've not done a true tracking test, but it's lived on 3 different rifles, and the clicks always matched the drops out to 15-20 MOA, and it always returns to zero.

If you're considering an Engage, right now Midway has a few of Bushnell's Forge line on sale for a wicked discount. Presumably better glass, 6X zoom ratio, same locking turrets but with zero stop also, and an included throw lever. At ~$425 for the SFP and ~$575 for the FFP out the door, I've almost bought one several times in the last couple weeks, even though I don't need it right now.

I owe you a big thank you! I had $150 in Cabela's gift cards since last Christmas plus a $20 off of $100 purchase coupon. I just picked up a 2.5-15 X 50 SFP for $200 out of pocket. Cabela's will price match midway USA!

I owe you a big thank you! I had $150 in Cabela's gift cards since last Christmas plus a $20 off of $100 purchase coupon. I just picked up a 2.5-15 X 50 SFP for $200 out of pocket. Cabela's will price match midway USA!
Congrats! That's a heck of a deal. Beats my Engage deal by a good bit.

As far as I can tell, the Forge is just a better Engage. Same reticle, and general operations, but with zero stop, better glass, and longer zoom. Only "downside" is they are quite a bit heavier. Not heavy for the features though.

I've had two Bushnell's in the stable, and both have been pretty much outstanding, so I imagine you'll be pretty happy with your "cheap" scope.;)

Congrats! That's a heck of a deal. Beats my Engage deal by a good bit.

As far as I can tell, the Forge is just a better Engage. Same reticle, and general operations, but with zero stop, better glass, and longer zoom. Only "downside" is they are quite a bit heavier. Not heavy for the features though.

I've had two Bushnell's in the stable, and both have been pretty much outstanding, so I imagine you'll be pretty happy with your "cheap" scope.;)

we'll see. It's going to replace the Burris E1 on my .270. It'll add about a pound more weight, but it's be worth it.

maybe I'll get some range time in on Sunday.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.