Bushnell Engage?

wilkup

Anyone have some time spent behind one of these new offerings?
The price is good and I'm looking to get into a new optic for a varmint hunter.
Supposedly, it's comparable to a Vortex HSLR...

bought the 6-18X50, capped turrets, 1" tube model at Cabela's a few days ago. I was looking for scope I could use without turning turrets and just work holdovers in the reticle. The 1 MOA graduations seemed like a good idea for precise holdovers. I took it out to the range today and found the reticle very difficult to use. The lines are so thin that they get lost and are hard to find on the target. When trying to holdover at 300 yards it was very hard to count down to the right hash mark even though I only need to count down three lines. They are just so fine and close together. The image was clear although not as bright as the Vortex Diamondback Tactical I was comparing it to. It has 2 MOA graduations that are thicker and easier to see. Perhaps it is my eyes. I wish the Diamondback Tactical offered a model with a little more magnification.

bought the 6-18X50, capped turrets, 1" tube model at Cabela's a few days ago. I was looking for scope I could use without turning turrets and just work holdovers in the reticle. The 1 MOA graduations seemed like a good idea for precise holdovers. I took it out to the range today and found the reticle very difficult to use. The lines are so thin that they get lost and are hard to find on the target. When trying to holdover at 300 yards it was very hard to count down to the right hash mark even though I only need to count down three lines. They are just so fine and close together. The image was clear although not as bright as the Vortex Diamondback Tactical I was comparing it to. It has 2 MOA graduations that are thicker and easier to see. Perhaps it is my eyes. I wish the Diamondback Tactical offered a model with a little more magnification.
I'm looking at the 3-12x42 and 4-16x44 with exposed turrets. Thanks for replying :)

I have the exposed turret model 4x16,like trumperman said crosshairs are lil to thin for using hold overs,but dialing no problem. Lockable turrets I really like. Fixing to stretch her out soon as i remount it on a different rifle and get a lil better evaluation.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.