Looking for a source for "Official" military style range flags

Dave King

Looking for a source for \"Official\" military style range flags

I have a friend that's Law Enforcement, he's been tasked with getting a source for range flags, the official style so the military wind formulas (degrees versus wind speed) will seem to work.

Anyone got a good source for these for Law Enforcement use and procurement via Official LE channels??

Re: Looking for a source for \"Official\" military style range flags

Dave

go to LR target shooting.com and they have a post there with source.

"I got a call this morning from fellow shooter Jim Starr. Jim is the Range Flag Maker from Colorado...He asked me to post his correct web address....It is [email protected] If you want to call his phone number is, 1-303-466-2525.......Jim and his junior shooters make the finest range flags around...Jim makes the flags we use at the Whittington Center, and many other ranges, they are of the finest materials and workmanship...The flags measure 48" by 18" at the tips and 12 feet in length, they are red and yellow in color, and made of "uncoated 200 Denier flag fabric...They cost $22.95....Delivered....I bought six for our club range. These flags are Very Nice...Jim has flags in stock and he's tooling up to make another run of 90 flags...Spread the word......Regards......Mark Barnes... "

The VA 1k club uses this guy. Price is right and quick shipping. They will make them in the military all red also

BH

BH

Thanks

I emailed him this morning but the phone number I had was not a working number, this number you've posted is new so I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks

BH

I got ahold of Jim today on the phone, judged by the short conversation we had he seems a very decent fella.

His quoted price was different than stated in your post but that's not an issue for me, just mentioned for clarity if someone else calls him.

I hooked up the SWAT/Sniper type I know with the info so I guess it'll work out for his department... they'll need new (taller) flag poles but I guess they figured on that.

Thanks

As a side note: I also got in touch with the Army Marksmanship Unit (AMU) and got the National Stock Number (NSN) for the scarlet streamer pennant they use. It's a much larger "flag" 5'9" x 18' (if I recall correctly). I only found one old surplus gear website that had a listing for the pennant...apparently the site is now webdead.

the post is a year or two old, and last time we bought from him was 4 years ago. However, we also had custom flags done. Still reasonable prices and about only game in town.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts