Which style of stock for your next long range rifle?

A3-5-I really like the thumbhole A-TH, it doesn't seem to be available for pre-64 Winchester, which for me is an issue.

I am looking at the HS Percision PST-087 which is a tactical model. Which will support my 6.5x284. I really like the McMillan A3 & A5, however, I don't want to spend 5-600$ on a stock.

I'm having an MPI thumbhole, slim-fore-ended stock put onto a winchester 70 action 264 as we speak...
The rifle is being built to be my sheep/backpacking rifle.. obviously long-range (intended 700 anyway +/-) ...I wanted it built as light as possible in stock-weight and MPI seems to have about the lightest out there.. apparently noticeably-lighter than mcmillan and guaranteed tough.
You don't see or hear an awful-lot on the MPI's, but what (I have anyway) has certainly all been good

Am real anxious to see the finished product..

I find myself gravitating more & more towards the vertical grips as I find myself creating a more consistent purchase not to mention the more "traditional" style grips actually make my wrist hurt.

My vote go to the A-3 Sporter

After braking my wrist a number of times the vertical grip does help in multiple way, everything from the uncomfortable position the traditional sporters puts the my wrist in, the trigger pull is hellacious with that grip (I think its tendinidus).

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts