Looking for a new all around Shotgun

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by dreamhunt, Nov 17, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Orange Dust

Orange Dust Well-Known Member

My daughter has a SuperX3 and I have a SuperX4. They are fine shotguns, throw excellent patterns to the point of aim. They are like my wife. They like to stay clean. Same can be said for the Brownings, which share the same tech on barrels and gas systems. They are very reliable. The A400 Extrema is a fine shotgun that will run a little dirtier than the Browning - Winchesters. I have one and don't shoot it very well. Nothing wrong with the gun, just doesn't fit me very well.

2. mobenzowner

mobenzowner Well-Known Member

A400 extrema for me

460 magnum likes this.
  3. lefty15

lefty15 Well-Known Member

I have a Benelli Vinci 3 1/2" and my son has a Beretta 3 1/2" Xtreme 2.
    We hunt lots of waterfowl in the fall and shoot lots of rounds in 2 months. Both guns will cycle light skeets loads to 3 1/2" shells.
    I would go with the Beretta over the Benelli from what I have seen.
    Both are great shotguns but the edge would go to the Beretta.
    We both run Carlson extended choke tubes

4. Jasper2017

Jasper2017 Member

Started out with a Mossberg 935 for waterfowl & turkeys, downed a bunch of both with that gun but, the down side is they don't work for dove loads. I wanted a semi that would do it all so I got a Benelli SBE ll , the gun shoots great but, I couldn't hit any waterfowl with it, killed turkeys and a few doves. So I bought a Winchester SX4 and love that gun, it will knock everything I point it at and never had a jam (knock on wood).

5. geo4061

geo4061 Well-Known Member

Add a EO Tech to that Versa Max and you have created the ultimate.