Looking for a new all around Shotgun

My daughter has a SuperX3 and I have a SuperX4. They are fine shotguns, throw excellent patterns to the point of aim. They are like my wife. They like to stay clean. Same can be said for the Brownings, which share the same tech on barrels and gas systems. They are very reliable. The A400 Extrema is a fine shotgun that will run a little dirtier than the Browning - Winchesters. I have one and don't shoot it very well. Nothing wrong with the gun, just doesn't fit me very well.

I have a Benelli Vinci 3 1/2" and my son has a Beretta 3 1/2" Xtreme 2.
We hunt lots of waterfowl in the fall and shoot lots of rounds in 2 months. Both guns will cycle light skeets loads to 3 1/2" shells.
I would go with the Beretta over the Benelli from what I have seen.
Both are great shotguns but the edge would go to the Beretta.
We both run Carlson extended choke tubes

Started out with a Mossberg 935 for waterfowl & turkeys, downed a bunch of both with that gun but, the down side is they don't work for dove loads. I wanted a semi that would do it all so I got a Benelli SBE ll , the gun shoots great but, I couldn't hit any waterfowl with it, killed turkeys and a few doves. So I bought a Winchester SX4 and love that gun, it will knock everything I point it at and never had a jam (knock on wood).

I shoot mostly shotgun. Probably 3x as much as rifle and pistol combined. If I could only have one gun, it would be the Beretta A400 Xcel. The one with the blue receiver. (I don't own one but I shoot one regularly)

After they brought the Benelli bolt over to the Beretta side (Beretta owns Benelli, Franchi and Stoeger) they made one great gun. It may not be perfect at everything, but it does everything very well.

I wish I didn't already own 2 870 Express 12ga's one 870 Express Supermag, two 12ga 870 Wingmasters, one mossberg 835 and one Benelli SN because I would own a Remington Versa max but I just don't need another shotgun.
The son of one of my oldest friends bought a Remington Versa max thee years ago because that's what his hunting buddies all had and they worked great with what ever they fed them. And right out of the box he didn't clean or lube it and proceeded to try his best to make it fail and or brake it by shooting over a 1k trap loads out of it in less than 3 months. He is blessed to live in southern central WI farm country and has access to all the pigeon, waterfowl and turkey hunting he wants and over the last three years has shot truck loads of pigeons, turkey, ducks and geese with his Versa max and he told me he literally has NEVER cleaned it ( and I've known this boy since berth and I believe him as he is notorious for not cleaning his guns) a single time just wipe it down and oiled it regularly what ever he means by that. He has sent me countless pictures on my phone of him and his 4 friends with limits of geese, turkey and dozens of pigeons and they all use Remington Versa Max shotguns.
No doubt if I were to buy a auto loader shotgun I'd buy a Versa Max

I've been shooting my Benelli Super Black Eagle since 1992. Duck, Turkey, quail, rabbit, coyote, crow, dove, etc. Never malfunctioned a single time. Slapped a Limbsaver on it and I'm good to go with everything from 3.5" Hevi-shot to 1 oz. 71/5. Don't want anything else. The Benelli EXTRA-Full choke tube is all you want or need for Turkeys.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.