Looking for a factory 280AI rifle.

I know this sounds crazy but back in 1998 I sold all 7mm rifles as I was moving to Montana and had WAY more choices in bullet weights in 30 cal than 7mm has.Fast forward to NOW,Today!I want a 280AI. Looking at this:

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi i been looking at a few 280AI.
Weatherby 307 and a mark hunter.
Savage ultralight
CA mesa fft 280AI
Browning xbolt speed.
I have looked everywhere for a xbolt speed. And a ca mesa fft 280AI. But no one has either. I am going to spend 2000.00 on rifle. And 800 to 1000.00 on a scope. Just using the gun for deer hunting. Fount a used kimber 84L mountain ascent 280AI. Has a vortex scope on it. Does anyone know where a xbolt speed 280AI is for sale.
I apologize if I am wasting your time as you where specific in what you are looking for. I have a family member that has a CA Ridgeline 280AI 26" barrel
Savage ultralight
CA mesa fft 280AI
Browning xbolt speed.
I have looked everywhere for a xbolt speed. And a ca mesa fft 280AI. But no one has either. I am going to spend 2000.00 on rifle. And 800 to 1000.00 on a scope. Just using the gun for deer hunting. Fount a used kimber 84L mountain ascent 280AI. Has a vortex scope on it. Does anyone know where a xbolt speed 280AI is for sale.
Sorry if I'm waisting your time as your were nice and specific. I have a family member with a new unfired CA Ridgeline 280AI 26" barrel that he would like to sell. Let me know if this interest you. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6418.png
    IMG_6418.png
    392.4 KB · Views: 43
I bought an old Save 110 in 30/06 and had a Criterion barrel installed. I replaced the wood stock with a Bell and Carlson. The stock did make it pretty heavy which I felt in the mountains last year. I tried to put a Timney in but it wouldn't work because of the slop in the trigger pocket so had to put the old one back. The gunsmith made it as consistent as he could. Still a fun project and great shooting rifle.

Savage ultralight
CA mesa fft 280AI
Browning xbolt speed.
I think you've got your spending limits backwards as far as scope and rifle...

I apologize if I am wasting your time as you where specific in what you are looking for. I have a family member that has a CA Ridgeline 280AI 26" barrel

Sorry if I'm waisting your time as your were nice and specific. I have a family member with a new unfired CA Ridgeline 280AI 26" barrel that he would like to sell. Let me know if this interest you. Thanks.

I might be interested in the CA. Info?

Thanks for the pic's but I can't spend 2 grand right now.Too many other health things going on at the present.
What does he want for the C A?

I have looked everywhere for a Browning xbolt speed 280AI. I did find 1 new xbolt speed. I have fount several Savage ultralight 280AI. Even fount one with a factory camo stock. Used gun at a new price. So i will go with a new one. If i buy a savage. I was planning on buying a Timney trigger. I didn't know u could take the blade off. 150 gr to 168 gr bullet range.
I found a video on line to remove the safety blade, maybe not the smartest move. The Timney trigger is the best option likely available, but I like Trigger Tech and they don't make them for Savage.

I like the factory trigger pull without the safety blade. I'm the only person that uses the trifle, I wouldn't loan it out with the self-modified trigger.

Last edited:
What does your trigger pull weigh with the blade removed?
I don't think the safety blade affects the trigger pull setting, but I don't know for sure.

The safety blade just forces the shooter to pull straight back, and will "misfire" or not fire if there's any side pressure at all. A level of supervision I'm not looking for in a rifle trigger.

Savage ultralight
CA mesa fft 280AI
Browning xbolt speed.
Well another Weatherby in 280 AI if you are looking for a light weight rifle is the MARK V Live wild, it is build to order, and weighs about 5.8 lbs. I was going to order a 7mm Weatherby Mag in this model but on their website listed 1:9 twist, when I contacted them prior to placing an order it was 1:10. I may get the 280 AI in this or a 28 Nosler, as the weight is right for mountain carry. I checked for the Browning online for stores here, I am not seeing any X-Bolt speed, only seeing an X-bolt Pro at Sheels here in Colorado. I am seeing only seeing a Fierce the CA you mentioned and a Weatherby WeatherMark at Cabelas. Sportsman Warehouse has the biggest rifle selection online here, but not the X-Bolt Speed. I will keep my eyes open here.