Looking for a basic Mississippi Flyway hunt

drylakehuntingservice.com . Owned by Jay Coker. I've known this guy since I was knee high and he runs a good service and has a small, but nice lodge. He usually has a lot of birds. He has some really good guides too. This is in Stuttgart, AR. Rice and duck capitol of the world. Stuttgart is a hoot Thanksgiving week. World Championship Duck calling contest, duck gumbo cookoff, carnival, etc. Stay away that week if not interested in festivities though. Town swells to 4-5 times its normal self and you have to wait in line for everything.

drylakehuntingservice.com . Owned by Jay Coker. I've known this guy since I was knee high and he runs a good service and has a small, but nice lodge. He usually has a lot of birds. He has some really good guides too. This is in Stuttgart, AR. Rice and duck capitol of the world. Stuttgart is a hoot Thanksgiving week. World Championship Duck calling contest, duck gumbo cookoff, carnival, etc. Stay away that week if not interested in festivities though. Town swells to 4-5 times its normal self and you have to wait in line for everything.
Thanks I had a service in NE Arkansas for years around 2000

I have seriously considered giving up my lease and just hunting there every weekend. I could save a fortune, but there's just something about having your own place.....

A lot to say about having your own spot. Good when the ducks are there.
And when they are not, we shoot geese, deer, or cook a feast, whatever mood strikes. I guided for 30 seasons, just play with the kids and grandkids now. Tons more fun and that's the only reason I keep the place. I really don't care how thick they are anymore. You can only eat so many in a lifetime, but the kids don't think they've killed their share I guess. They watch the moon, fronts etc to take off work. I mostly just go when its pretty. Don't want to kill one bad enough to get wet anymore. Guess I've become what I used to laugh at.

I know this is an older post from last year, but a good outfitter in MS is Tallahatchie Hunts, you can look them up on Facebook, they're in the heart of duck hunting and are responsibly priced

That's very true, we hunt in Drew probably a stones throw from Fighting Bayou and even their numbers have been down the last few years

i'm 20 miles west of all that. When the waterfowl don't have to move south for food, they just don't. plenty of food north of us, some intentional and some not.
Farming practices have changed also for all
of us out of necessity. That doesn't include consideration for waterfowl.

Yesh, my ex father in laws farms used to be pretty much all rice, now its soybeans with the occasional few acres of corn. Commodities need to get better to see rice acres or corn acres increase