Look at the size of this...bear

If you watch the veido the bear favors his right front leg as he shifts his weight to it. It is possible he was shot by some axx hole poacher on protective land who doesnt respect the rule of law. And its possible artritis as set in around the fractured bone area after he healed enought to get around again. Watch the veido again and pay attention as he drops his weight on his front right paw and leg. thank you for the editing my bad.
We don't actually know what happened to him. It's a shame 🫠.

Maybe it's limping to keep dirt off those shiny nails....not like it washes it's paws before eating simular to a raccoon....

Maybe it's a case of mistaken problem..
Just maybe its hair is extra thick and long.....like Steven Tyler

What part of the world are you in?
Agreed.
We live in the mountains.
Most berries come out in the spring, blackberries, raspberries, juniper berries, ( yes, I know they are cones, they are good for arthritis). The wild coffee berries are ready for harvest in the fall. Sadly the coyotes and bears get them before they are ripe as I wish them to be before I harvest them, very mellow, subtle flavor, above 4,000 elevation.

Agreed.
We live in the mountains.
Most berries come out in the spring, blackberries, raspberries, juniper berries, ( yes, I know they are cones, they are good for arthritis). The wild coffee berries are ready for harvest in the fall. Sadly the coyotes and bears get them before they are ripe as I wish them to be before I harvest them, very mellow, subtle flavor, above 4,000 elevation.
We have all those and more, and they don't come until late July or August. The earliest thing I get in my yard is a native strawberry which comes in late June.
When I lived in the upper midwest we'd get some stuff mid summer. Nothing at all in the PNW that I can think of until mid to late summer as well.

Black bear hunting literally revolves around how they taste based on their diet. Late April-Late may they're mostly on vegetation by June-August they're eating fish and Late August-October they start to actually taste good because their diet has turned almost entirely to berries.
Early black bears are lean and taste ok. Summer black bears taste aweful. Fall black bear meat is prized.

Alaska now. But I've lived all over the US. Never in the SE. Nowhere I've lived can I think of a native plant that fruits in the spring.
I was born in Alaska. The berries are already growing big here in Georgia. Another month or two and I will pick a few.

By the way, the video of the bear says a couple of important things. The bear had been injured and didn't walk much. It was at a bear sanctuary. There was no mention of the time of year the video was taken, but there was no snow on the ground. Most of the video "commentary" were generalizations about bears. Nothing specific about this bear much.

I just thought it was a somewhat funny albeit unusual video of a black bear.

Last edited: