Long time lurker from PA

Well, I had a "max long range" Browning in .300 WM. Worst shooting gun I've ever had. Irrelevant to that, because we're not talking about my single browning experience, the muzzle threads were 5/8-24. So you may be able to use your brake. You might give them a call and ask about the particular model you like, perhaps there is a misprint online or the brochure you read ?

Welcome to the boards.

Well, I had a "max long range" Browning in .300 WM. Worst shooting gun I've ever had. Irrelevant to that, because we're not talking about my single browning experience, the muzzle threads were 5/8-24. So you may be able to use your brake. You might give them a call and ask about the particular model you like, perhaps there is a misprint online or the brochure you read ?

Welcome to the boards.
Good to know, 5/8-24 is definitely would make that easier. However, I appreciate your feedback concerning your experience. Thanks

Welcome from New Jersey! I killed two bull elk this year with Berger 168's out of my Gunwerks. I'm looking to move up to the 180 Berger's because of the much better BC. Good luck next year.
Theres about a foot difference in elevation at 1200 yds with same number of clicks on the dial using a 162 Hornady, than with the 180 Berger in favor of the 162 with my 7x300 Wetherby.
BC is wonderfull, but needs velocity in order to pay off.
As has been said, you want to use bigger bullets, get a bigger gun.

How many elk have you killed art 1200 yards?
Fact is i have never killed an Elk at any distance.
But then ive never hunted for them either.
I have killed a whitetail at 1200 with the 7x300 Wetherby however and knew others who killed them further.
I wasent present when they killed theirs, but i personally wouldnt be trying for another at that distance with that gun.
Look, all you need do is sit on a sidehill and watch them fly across a wide valley.
Its real easy picking the winners from the losers regardless of the BC #.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.