long range weather forecasts

gspman

oes anyone have any pet websites that they use for long range weather predictions (30 day).

Getting set to leave for Id 10/8....:D
Jonesing for weather predictions for elk and mule deer 2nd season.

the National Weather Service site has the best information IMHO. It seems the others like TWC and Weather Underground are too generic.

Of course at 30-day forecasting, it's still a crap shoot. Broad strokes; things can change in a hurry. Generally meteorologists will be unable to forecast with pin-point accuracy beyond 36 hours!

Good luck with your hunts.

Of course at 30-day forecasting, it's still a crap shoot. Broad strokes; things can change in a hurry. Generally meteorologists will be unable to forecast with pin-point accuracy beyond 36 hours!

Good luck with your hunts.[/QUOTE]

I watch the weather report everyday.....and while I'm watching I remember the times I shoveled a couple of feet of partly cloudy....If I'm going some where I follow the daily weather using google in advance. Just to get an idea if it's been hot and dry (fire), clear and cold, but snow leftover from prior storm. In the end I still take everything cause you never know when that 100 year storm is coming. Backpacked for goats in BC one August, what should have been a nice summer trek, ended up looking like a National Geographic Himalayan, or Arctic expedition.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.