Long Range Shooting Competition (Vortex)

My good buddy's over at Vortex Optics have teamed up with my best friend from high school (owner of Spirit Ridge Rifle Golf) for this awesome, one-of-a-kind event.

Vortex Optics - Vortex Extreme

Don't let "invitational" confuse you though. The first 50 teams to enter are guaranteed a spot.
I know that there are a few fellas on here that should be putting a team together to compete. (hint, hint,) Who knows, you might just win the whole competition...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to do it. My card is pretty full this year but would consider grabing my brother or my hunting partner for 2013. This is the one shooting comp I think I could really get into. Wish it was closer but would probably be worth the trip.

I don't know, it seems pretty fair to me. That includes food and lodging for two people. That's $250 per person for a hotel room, food, and entry into the contest. Good events usually aren't real cheap. I just did a dirtbike race that cost me $125 just to enter, then I had to pay for lodging and it did not even have a cash prize. A local bass tournament will run you $250 to enter or a regional over $1000 just for one person.

I got sweaty just watching the video.

At my age, a hunt entails a 4 wd piuckup with ac and leather seats and a massage after a day in the field.

Nice, but no thanks. I'd be happy to be a spectator however.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.