Long range dove hunting (6 doves for lunch) - VIDEO

Dove shoots are a social event here in the South. I go every year with my trusty 28 Ga..Skin and remove the breast put 1/2 a Jalapeno in the middle. Wrap in wild pig smoked bacon pin with TP. Soak in BBQ sauce (Homemade or not) all night.
Throw those baby's on the grill and stand back and watch them eat 'em!
It's illegal to bait but hunting over agricultural leftovers is OK so we plant a few rows of milo or sunflowers and bush hog them a couple days before the hunt.
Works!

Last edited:
Nice shots, video, and sense of humor.
Thanks, you are the first to notice sense of humor
Dove shoots are a social event here in the South. I go every year with my trusty 28 Ga..Skin and remove the breast put 1/2 a Jalapeno in the middle. Wrap in wild pig smoked bacon pin with TP. Soak in BBQ sauce (Homemade or not) all night.
Throw those baby's on the grill and stand back and watch them eat 'em!
It's illegal to bait but hunting over agricultural leftovers is OK so we plant a few rows of milo or sunflowers and bush hog them a couple days before the hunt.
Works!
good job

Our hunts are more involved? Mojo Doves with spinning wings. Decoys clipped on the fence. We try to get between the roost and food in the morning. Eat lunch
Nap, Play cards? Later on we try to get between water and the roost.
Like duck hunting?

I shot a invasive dove once with my 300....The best PUFF of feathers I've ever seen lol!
Cool video !!!
Thanks, Why did not you continue to shoot at doves?

Our hunts are more involved? Mojo Doves with spinning wings. Decoys clipped on the fence. We try to get between the roost and food in the morning. Eat lunch
Nap, Play cards? Later on we try to get between water and the roost.
Like duck hunting?
I also think hunt is more fun for you. Unfortunately there are no forests in Egypt, so our hunt will be in different places. Sometimes may I hunt in agricultural areas , as I did In this video:

That's a lot more like it but we don't have palm trees!
Mourning_Dove_b13-32-033_l_1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Why did not you continue to shoot at doves?

I also think hunt is more fun for you. Unfortunately there are no forests in Egypt, so our hunt will be in different places. Sometimes may I hunt in agricultural areas , as I did In this video:

I do still shoot some just not as many.

Nice shooting. I never could shoot a springer that well, but with my pcp's I've enjoyed
hunting many different birds (pigeon, dove, quail, grouse and turkey). My best shot was a pigeon at 182 yards with my .25 cal. Edgun Matador. Though most my shots are a 100 yards and under. I still can't get over it. Your form has to perfect (artillery hold), to make shots like that. Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.