Long range dove hunting (6 doves for lunch) - VIDEO

Dove shoots are a social event here in the South. I go every year with my trusty 28 Ga..Skin and remove the breast put 1/2 a Jalapeno in the middle. Wrap in wild pig smoked bacon pin with TP. Soak in BBQ sauce (Homemade or not) all night.
Throw those baby's on the grill and stand back and watch them eat 'em!
It's illegal to bait but hunting over agricultural leftovers is OK so we plant a few rows of milo or sunflowers and bush hog them a couple days before the hunt.
Works!

My father installed a special garden, loaded with corn and blackeyed peas about 30 yards from his garage door. Eating crops in Mississippi is a capital offense, year round.

Seth_Sword_Animation.gif

Dove hunting in AZ is a family and friends social event that results in lots of bacon wrapped dove/jalapeno poppers on the grill. With the Eurasion collared dove invasion, we get to shoot a LOT of birds. Biggest day for me was 107 birds. Eurasians don't count against the limit.

We breast them, soak in milk overnight. Cayenne/pepper/garlic, cream cheese, half jalapeno, wrap in bacon, brush with BBQ sauce, grill, eat.

I'll have to see what it's like here locally in Eastern Oregon. I hunted some in Central but not many of the Eurasians at that time. I think they have showed up here. Seems like bigger bodied doves.

Nice shooting. I never could shoot a springer that well, but with my pcp's I've enjoyed
hunting many different birds (pigeon, dove, quail, grouse and turkey). My best shot was a pigeon at 182 yards with my .25 cal. Edgun Matador. Though most my shots are a 100 yards and under. I still can't get over it. Your form has to perfect (artillery hold), to make shots like that. Thanks for the video. I enjoyed it.
I think diana 54 is the most accurate springer. If you loved your gun, knew its secrets, you will be able to hunt at any distance. Best wishes with your PCP.

Dove hunting in AZ is a family and friends social event that results in lots of bacon wrapped dove/jalapeno poppers on the grill. With the Eurasion collared dove invasion, we get to shoot a LOT of birds. Biggest day for me was 107 birds. Eurasians don't count against the limit.

We breast them, soak in milk overnight. Cayenne/pepper/garlic, cream cheese, half jalapeno, wrap in bacon, brush with BBQ sauce, grill, eat.

Wow, I'm impressed. I started to feel hungry after reading this.

I'm impressed with your pellet gun shooting! I had no idea.
Take a bit and watch this clip. My idol George Digweed the greatest shot-gunner
EVER breaking targets back to 130 yards with a shotgun and number 5 shot!

He is very skilled, shooting at moving targets, at 130 yards!!, this needs long training, and a great love for his gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.