Long range camera

One of the guys who hunts elk with us has become an expert at long-range photos and videos. He uses the Nikon Coolpix 900 camera. They quit making the 900, but do make the Nikon 950 and Nikon 1000. Our camera expert says the 950 is head and shoulders more desirable than the 1000. He said the 950 is almost exactly the same as his 900, and the 1000 is big and clunky, and is not as user friendly as the 950.

You don't want to magnify an image from 1000yrds, it'll just be a wavy mess of mirage. Phone scope through a spotting scope "works" but image quality is trash if there's any air movement at all. If you want to have video of your hits and good quality video at that, then place a go-pro or fly a drone close to the target. You can see hits with a spotting scope but if you want to "watch" hits afterward, go the localized camera route.
I don't? I do it all the time. Works great except when I put the scope in my house and try to record thru a window (which I have had to do if the wind is howling).

It even works in Arizona on a hot summer day.

I have a video but when I hit "attach files" it only shows photos

I have used the Caldwell shooting camera with great success since it came out. I have had it to 1400 yards and was still able to see my hits just fine on paper. For under $300 when I purchased mine hard to beat it.

Drones for this purpose are much cheaper and as a bonus.............you've get a drone!
Red Baron, running that drone in the bullet's airspace is asking to be "shot down." Or, do you "hide" off range and sneak out for a peek between rounds??? :) :) :)