Camera recommendation

BROWN TROUT

I need a camera for field use on hunting and other outdoor trips. My digital is not water resistant and zoom is not enough. My 35mm SLR is too large, not water resistant, and does not have a built in flash.

I need one unit that is water resistant, built in flash, small enough to carry easily, good zoom- like around 200mm. Is there such a thing available out there? Not set on digital or 35mm. Both have their good points.

Please tell me your opinions.
Thanks,

Brown Trout,
This fall I thought about the same thing , I ended up buying a Canon SD500 it is small but is a 7.1 mega pixel and how waterproof does it need to be if you can carry it in your shirt pocket under your coat or goretex ??? awesome pics and very HANDY.
UB

I have the pentax optio wpi. This year it is 6.1MP. Mine is 5.1. The optical zoom is 3X but in digital, really good 4X6 pictures can be taken up to 12X. It is very small, has a good screen but best of all it is waterproof. You can even take pictures underwater.

Brainb (I am not calling anybody younger than me Uncle)

Are we going to see some of those pictures?

Not every picture has to have a dead critter in it.

I decided on the Panasonic FZ5 with 12x optical zoom, but not waterproof. This camera has optical lens stabalization and takes fantastic photos. It is small enough and really light. I could not go on any more adventures with an inferior camera.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.