Locktite marine epoxy and what release agent

Do you have a fast enough twist for the 117 grain bullets? Might be your issue. Maybe try them closer to the lands or some 100 ish grain bullets.

Do you have a fast enough twist for the 117 grain bullets? Might be your issue. Maybe try them closer to the lands or some 100 ish grain bullets.
I did try some earlier. They shot as bad if not worse.
So I have glass bedded stock and put a Trigger Tech Independence Day trigger on it. I have also tried some RL 26 with the 117 SST's.
Hotter loads no good. So I backed it down some and tried 4 random powder weight charges. Two of them put 6 under and inch. I loaded 4 of each. 6 went sub MOA even though different load. One flyer stretched four shot group to 1 5/8" and another stretched that group to 1 1/8". till super happy to see 6 sub MOA.

Now. I think I may be encountering a new problem. Which is why I have been frustrated. New barrels! I have never broke in a new barrel that needed broke
In. Usually any hand loads instantly improved a rifle over factory loads for me.

I now Wonder if this barrel and my friends 300 win mag are just getting broke in. Because they are both tightening up as I keep shooting them.

Maybe I had the barrels to clean and they needed to get dirty.

Recent Posts