Loading Ammo to Mag Length?

Autorotate19

I just loaded up some ammo to fit just inside that magazine and I was wonder how much clearance there needs to be? I loaded it up and it fed all three rounds fine. My question is how much room should there be in front of the bullet? Its a 300RUM with a break on it so there isn't much recoil and the bullets are berger vld's.

I just loaded up some ammo to fit just inside that magazine and I was wonder how much clearance there needs to be? I loaded it up and it fed all three rounds fine. My question is how much room should there be in front of the bullet? Its a 300RUM with a break on it so there isn't much recoil and the bullets are berger vld's.

Load 4 up and check the OAL on each one. Put three in the mag and 1 in the chamber and shoot 3 times and check the 4th and see if it has moved if it has then seat farther in if not then your good to go. There is no other way of really telling for your spcific gun.

I have a load for my .308 rifle, the max length I can fit in the mag is 2.9" with 0.005 clearance, with 0.010" jump to lands, problem is the receiver of the stiller action still won't let them up into the chamber consistently, they get pushed down into mag by the front Lower section of the action.

The load shoots well so I just single feed as I mainly use it for target shooting.

I either need some material removed from the action or try a shorter coal, just haven't had the need to mag feed it yet.