Loading 6.5 on AR platforms (powder)?

YZ-80

Guys,

I've used RL-15 and H4350 for pretty much all of my bolt action 6.5 Creedmores with great results. I think I'm going to pick up a RRA LAR-BT3 in crudmore and was wondering if these powders will perform as well on the gas gun platform or if I should pick up a pound of something else to develop a load? I already got a small based die so I should have pretty much everything else I need, just wanting to check.

Thanks!

I prefer adjustable gas blocks in general, if you have one should be no worries.

If not, there's always a chance of cycling issues. I have an Aero 6.5 CM upper with a fixed block that wouldn't cycle some handloads without the suppressor on, runs fine with it though.

I prefer adjustable gas blocks in general, if you have one should be no worries.

If not, there's always a chance of cycling issues. I have an Aero 6.5 CM upper with a fixed block that wouldn't cycle some handloads without the suppressor on, runs fine with it though.
Thanks. I've reloaded for 2 other RRA's (5.56) and had absolutely no issues with Varget. Obviously, this is a different animal. I hadn't considered an adjustable gas block but it seems that it would make sense. I'm wondering what else is out there commercially that comes with an adjustable gas block?

No idea who consistently installs them, but if you get something without one and have a problem they aren't hard to change out. Usually ~4 bolts to slide the handguard off then two to loosen the gas block. All it takes is a Fat Wrench and 15 minutes.

I also didn't mess with buffers or springs on that one, because it started working with the can. JP Rifles makes the silent captured spring recoil system with adjustable weights and springs, I've put those in AR-15s and AR-10s and like them a whole lot. They sell a kit that comes with 3 spring rates in one package, and you can swap out steel and tungsten weights on top of that. They even make a detent-adjustable gas block:

Recent Posts