Load Development Service.....Recommendations?

Ingwe

Hello Fellas,

I would like to send my rifle out and have someone develop the "perfect" lol load for it and provide me with the data so that I can duplicate it at home.

I have worked up several good loads over the years but I don't have the expertise, range facilities, or time to go any further.

I did a bit of research and found Hammer Bullets, Copper Creek, and Hendershots, but I would like to get some 1st hand info from you here. I also emailed Applied Ballistics a week ago but didn't hear back from them.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated:)

Hello Fellas,

I would like to send my rifle out and have someone develop the "perfect" lol load for it and provide me with the data so that I can duplicate it at home.

I have worked up several good loads over the years but I don't have the expertise, range facilities, or time to go any further.

I did a bit of research and found Hammer Bullets, Copper Creek, and Hendershots, but I would like to get some 1st hand info from you here. I also emailed Applied Ballistics a week ago but didn't hear back from them.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated:)
Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind saying, what do you consider a "good" load ? Also, what rifle? Factory, custom, or semi custom?
I had been considering the same thing, after a lot of loading and shooting with uninspiring results, for my own semi custom.

Sure no problem:)

It is a Wim M70 7mmRemMag 26" 1.9 twist 168gr Accubond LR 79.3gr of RL33.

It shoots under an inch at 100 yards for 3128fps.

I think that I got lucky finding this load from a buddy who did a quickload for me.

I am VERY happy with this load but i just bought another 7mmRemMag that I want to shoot heavier bullets with...maybe 175gr Accubond Lr's, but I don't want to mess around this time so I want a professional to work one up for me.

The biggest problem I see with what you are wanting is unless they send you the powder they developed the load with you will still have to do some testing to see what the lot of powder you have does. In my experience different lots of powder can vary by a grain or more.

Sure no problem:)

It is a Wim M70 7mmRemMag 26" 1.9 twist 168gr Accubond LR 79.3gr of RL33.

It shoots under an inch at 100 yards for 3128fps.

I think that I got lucky finding this load from a buddy who did a quickload for me.

I am VERY happy with this load but i just bought another 7mmRemMag that I want to shoot heavier bullets with...maybe 175gr Accubond Lr's, but I don't want to mess around this time so I want a professional to work one up for me.
Thanks for replying. I think a LOT of my accuracy dysfunction stems from not knowing anything about , well, anything, really. I went from straight factory rifles that shot decently with my reloads to waking up one day, and thought, I wanna shoot to a mile. Didnt know any thing about ballistics, precision loading, or shooting long range. All my shooting was 400yds or less, and that was lobb bullets till I got on target. Built a rifle , and not knowing anything about rifles except I had to put shells in it, and built in a LOT of nitpicky, detail oriented problems. For instance, the latest issue was that I found the trigger was touching the stock. I HAVE been considering "take out load development ", but frankly, I'm not sure anybody would have been successful with that in this rifle. I will be watching for YOUR success, tho, so please post the results of your endeavor.

I agree...hopefully a few of the more knowledgeable guys will chime in here.

The biggest problem I see with what you are wanting is unless they send you the powder they developed the load with you will still have to do some testing to see what the lot of powder you have does. In my experience different lots of powder can vary by a grain or more.

The service I'm looking for is that they do all the testing for you with your rifle as well and when finished they supply you with all of the data needed to do it yourself...just follow the provided recipe

Exactly but the lot of powder you will get from the local gun store or the one you order on line will MOST LIKELY NOT provide the same results. Every time I run out of powder and order another keg I have to redo load development. It will not be far off but it will be enough to not produce the same results.

Give Josh at Copper Creek a call and he will help you out.

He will do Load Development on your rifle if you send it to him, or you can just order Load Development Packs 1 & 2 and play at the range yourself.

Exactly but the lot of powder you will get from the local gun store or the one you order on line will MOST LIKELY NOT provide the same results. Every time I run out of powder and order another keg I have to redo load development. It will not be far off but it will be enough to not produce the same results.

I don't think that I am good enough to shoot the difference;)

You are wrong. I don't know you but if you have good equipment and the right load you can shoot under half moa.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.