Load data for the 175 gamechanger in the 270 weatherby

derfssor

had a mark V rebarreled with a benchmark 277 barrel with 1x8.5 twist. I have been shooting bergers 170 classic with great results. Not sure if using the same load date would be OK with the Sierra. Any recommendations? I have been loading for a long time but have also had some very trying experiences with loads in a rather thin jacket and heavier jacketed bullets. That is why i am asking if anyone might be loading for this bullet in the weatherby.

Whatever load you are shooting now with the 170g will most likely be within .5g for the 175g.
I have a 9 twist 270Bee, barrel is brand spanking and haven't had time to use anything other than the 150g ABLR, which is what I was using in the old 10 twist barrel. Same load as previous barrel was close, settled on a load that was .9g heavier. I'm running Retumbo.

Cheers.

Following.

Just got my 1-8.5 twist 270 bee back from the Smith.

What kind of m.v. are you guys getting?

I am normally not concerned about MV, mainly accuracy. MV in my opinion means nothing if you can not hit what you are aiming at. Just my 2 cents worth.

I'd recommend starting lower than you think. I started shooting these in my 270ss for barrel break in. They have a super loooooong bearing surface and to go with that the lot I have is slightly over diameter. I think they were .2774.
When I measured 170 Berger and 165 matrix for diameter they were right on 277. Might be a general design sierra does. My 135 smk were also slightly bigger diameter. I'll be interested to see what you guys with the larger capacity can do with them.

Whatever load you are shooting now with the 170g will most likely be within .5g for the 175g.
I have a 9 twist 270Bee, barrel is brand spanking and haven't had time to use anything other than the 150g ABLR, which is what I was using in the old 10 twist barrel. Same load as previous barrel was close, settled on a load that was .9g heavier. I'm running Retumbo.

Cheers.
Interesting. What velocity are you getting with Retumbo with the 150's?

Interesting. What velocity are you getting with Retumbo with the 150's?
I have a 28" barrel and get just over 3300fps with the 150ABLR, in the previous 26" 10 twist I was getting around 3250fps with them. I shot that barrel out using 150g Parttitions at a tad over 3200fps.
I was not happy when I shot it out actually, only got 1300 odd rounds out of it, never shot it hot, I don't think the stainless barrel had been heat treated correctly.
The new barrel has been cryo'd.

Cheers.