Load data for 26 nosler

I saw that, my only concern is future purchases. I know stores around here used to have it but no longer stock it, (Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas, etc). Not sure why?
Buy two 16 lbs should burn out barrel

I may bet one of my children they stop making RL 33. Grafs has less than 5(1lb) price isn't good.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/24824

Midway has standing orders on stuff. Just like woodleigh bullets who only hit the country every 3 to 6 months. Their website is strange. Think they do that to put pressure on their supplier if its not direct.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/product/alliant-reloder-33/

Snatch one of those and give it try. If you like it, just get an 8lb and keep it in a good temp controlled environment. It is one of those that is popular. Ill give grafs and some others a call on Monday see whats up and when new orders or coming in and circle back here.

I may bet one of my children they stop making RL 33. Grafs has less than 5(1lb) price isn't good.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/24824

Midway has standing orders on stuff. Just like woodleigh bullets who only hit the country every 3 to 6 months. Their website is strange. Think they do that to put pressure on their supplier if its not direct.

https://reloadingunlimited.com/product/alliant-reloder-33/

Snatch one of those and give it try. If you like it, just get an 8lb and keep it in a good temp controlled environment. It is one of those that is popular. Ill give grafs and some others a call on Monday see whats up and when new orders or coming in and circle back here.

Sounds good!

I saw that, my only concern is future purchases. I know stores around here used to have it but no longer stock it, (Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas, etc). Not sure why?

Keep in mind the industry produces stuff every so often and large amounts. They don't have the easiest market to understand. Have some people who will buy way more than they need. We all do it right. WSM brass, had a guy all over me on here about fearing availability. Winchester has made a brass run in nearly 4 years for WSM. Why, one of their production managers on the line told me " We don't care about brass. We care about ammo. We'll make it if we feel like but it is usually a by product."

265gr Nosler ABLR. First run, NOV 2017, Last run May 2019. I was itching and clawing for that bullet. Its a beast to navigate but I wouldn't worry to much about RL33. I am sure they see more demand and will want to make more money.

Keep in mind the industry produces stuff every so often and large amounts. They don't have the easiest market to understand. Have some people who will buy way more than they need. We all do it right. WSM brass, had a guy all over me on here about fearing availability. Winchester has made a brass run in nearly 4 years for WSM. Why, one of their production managers on the line told me " We don't care about brass. We care about ammo. We'll make it if we feel like but it is usually a by product."

265gr Nosler ABLR. First run, NOV 2017, Last run May 2019. I was itching and clawing for that bullet. Its a beast to navigate but I wouldn't worry to much about RL33. I am sure they see more demand and will want to make more money.
That totally explains why I've had problems trying to find 270 WSM brass also in the past. I'll get some coming.

That totally explains why I've had problems trying to find 270 WSM brass also in the past. I'll get some coming.

Well tried a bunch of it recently. Its alright. Will see how reloading it goes. We like Bertram, have partnered with those guys to make the rest of our calibers properly head stamped instead of resizing or custom CNC.

Look at their site, and they have a counter, lets you know exactly how much is in stock. Stuff is super tough and we shoot some .4 groups in 6.5 WSM out of a gas gun. Federal makes good stuff and I know the exact manager of sales and the lady who will walk into the warehouse and give me a count of boxes of 250 bags or most of the time she tells me how many palets of WSM brass they have.

Again it is about the wholesalers and suppliers reordering. They make an order say, twice a year. They don't pay close enough attention to go and order more. Bigger fish to fry. Sell the stuff they do have. It will restock, your anger will go away and you will say "finally!" and the cycle continues....

I have a browning western hunter in 26Nosler, and have had great results with Retumbo 75.5g (good luck finding some right now) with Berger 140's @ 3385fps and the 156 /74.5g @ 3142fps. Nosler/Norma brass, FGMM primers. I do get some ejector marks, and haven't gotten more then about 6 reloads on brass before the primer pockets get loose and that's pretty much as pressure I want to run. I hit pressure signs pretty low in charge weight compared to even what the Berger data said. Start low and work your way up.

I have a browning western hunter in 26Nosler, and have had great results with Retumbo 75.5g (good luck finding some right now) with Berger 140's @ 3385fps and the 156 /74.5g @ 3142fps. Nosler/Norma brass, FGMM primers. I do get some ejector marks, and haven't gotten more then about 6 reloads on brass before the primer pockets get loose and that's pretty much as pressure I want to run. I hit pressure signs pretty low in charge weight compared to even what the Berger data said. Start low and work your way up.

Solid advice right there. Mash I ran your specs just to share what we see, I didn't get anywhere close to your speeds with that charge and powder for the 140. Super low pressure and 200 fps slower.Now the 156 I did and it says it is around 62k psi. Even lowered the variable for Nosler brass as they have 93gr of water compared to some others.

There are a couple loads I will use like that for giggles. Get some pressure signs but shoot crazy awesome. Some powder just show pressure signs easily. I honestly don't think its truly because of pressure and we have backed this on 338 Federal. When we shoot Barnes 160gr TTSX, we have to keep RL10 at bay with that bullet or it will show pressure quick in a semi auto but on the sensors, it is fine reads 5k, 8k, below. Throw in a 200gr junky Speer, 5k psi below max, no pressure signs.

Solid advice right there. Mash I ran your specs just to share what we see, I didn't get anywhere close to your speeds with that charge and powder for the 140. Super low pressure and 200 fps slower.Now the 156 I did and it says it is around 62k psi. Even lowered the variable for Nosler brass as they have 93gr of water compared to some others.

There are a couple loads I will use like that for giggles. Get some pressure signs but shoot crazy awesome. Some powder just show pressure signs easily. I honestly don't think its truly because of pressure and we have backed this on 338 Federal. When we shoot Barnes 160gr TTSX, we have to keep RL10 at bay with that bullet or it will show pressure quick in a semi auto but on the sensors, it is fine reads 5k, 8k, below. Throw in a 200gr junky Speer, 5k psi below max, no pressure signs.
I was thinking that maybe I just had some tighter chamber specs that was causing the pressure signs early, but maybe not. I haven't wanted to push it any farther, and both loads will shoot .3 to .4 groups repeatedly. I'm also running a SilencerCo big bore harvester, not sure if that is contributing to it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

I was thinking that maybe I just had some tighter chamber specs that was causing the pressure signs early, but maybe not. I haven't wanted to push it any farther, and both loads will shoot .3 to .4 groups repeatedly. I'm also running a SilencerCo big bore harvester, not sure if that is contributing to it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Well compare fire brass with and without silencer. We use a lot of SilencerCo stuff. We can get inconsistencies on ejection in semi's but as far as pressure, its the same on brass marks if the pressure is too high or a strange powder.

It can be a pain to get specifics on freebore and other chamber specs. I know of a few guys who are really good at it but I don't think it is going to change much by you know exactly how Browning drilled yours. Now if you were loading superlong finding where a bullet is touch the lands, then you should start some measuring.

The fact you stated you hit pressure signs early in the charge weight means it is just that particular powder, not the chamber. I really like the idea of the Nosler line of cartridges. Appreciate them a lot. If you get the chance, and really like the gun, I say try a powder switch. We probably have (75) 1b canisters at the shop that just didn't work. Sucks. But we figured it out.

Otherwise, something shooting that great, I can also side with not changing a darn thing. The main reason for a switch is how often are you shooting it? The barrel life on those things were known to be short from the start. Like I said, I can go both ways on what to do but I am very confident it is just one of those odd phenomenons with that caliber and powder. Not the chamber or silencer.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.