Load data for 26 nosler

RobID

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and am looking for load data for 26 nosler. I'm using 127gr Barnes LRX and currently have US869. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I'm new to the forum, and am looking for load data for 26 nosler. I'm using 127gr Barnes LRX and currently have US869. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can throw it in some of our simulators with some details.

Totally agree with Elk Hunter 338! Do not like US869. We are on the RL train for most calibers.

What are you shooting at, terrain? Barrel Length?

V/r,

Richie

"Send It, Quietly"

I will definitely keep this in mind. I have heard mixed opinions about Berger bullets for hunting. I have had good luck with the Barnes in all my rifles and out of the 4 bullets I have tried ( 127gr LRX, 129gr Nosler lrab, 142gr Nosler lrab, and, 129gr Double tap long range) the 127gr LRX by far were the most accurate but all of that was purchased ammo, Nosler factory, and Double tap custom ammo. Now I just want to do my own. I'm going to try the 869 since I already have it but will definitely try the others. Thanks!

I do have experience with Alliant powders and like the ones I've used for my other rifles. I just couldn't find the rl33 anywhere around here and kinda wanted to use something that I could get locally without ordering it. It never seems to fail when I need to order something it tends to be out of stock. Hence the reason I quit ordering the DT ammo. I hunt mostly Central and Northern Idaho. For elk, muleys, and whitetail. Browning X bolt with 26" barrel.

Well the basics with 127 LRX show 3200 FPS with a 24" Barrel. But with 89.8gr of US869 it wont burn it all. Maybe 94%. That is a compressed load to. 60k psi for chamber pressure.

With RL33 simulator shows 85.5gr, 3275 FPS, burns 98% of it and it is not compressed. 60k pressure.

I do have experience with Alliant powders and like the ones I've used for my other rifles. I just couldn't find the rl33 anywhere around here and kinda wanted to use something that I could get locally without ordering it. It never seems to fail when I need to order something it tends to be out of stock. Hence the reason I quit ordering the DT ammo. I hunt mostly Central and Northern Idaho. For elk, muleys, and whitetail. Browning X bolt with 26" barrel.

Rhett and DT are great. Have had some great convos with them. I totally endorse their stuff. Even with the longer barrel you only burn 94%. I understand you want to use what you have. There are times we want to use RL33 is 6.5 WSM but depends on the bullet and end up going to RL26. We know for a fact RL33 has that magical 50+ FPS in it but doesn't always work out.

Start off with 87-88grs, that shows a 53k PSI load. That should be super safe. It's what I would do but this is just a simple reference, please proceed. 90gr load would probably be sticky depending on your chamber. If it's super tight. May get some swipe and bolt may lock up. Those are just general suspects.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Well the basics with 127 LRX show 3200 FPS with a 24" Barrel. But with 89.8gr of US869 it wont burn it all. Maybe 94%. That is a compressed load to. 60k psi for chamber pressure.

With RL33 simulator shows 85.5gr, 3275 FPS, burns 98% of it and it is not compressed. 60k pressure.

Well I will keep looking for rl33 or just bite the bullet and order some. That is originally what I wanted to use, just couldn't find it around here. Not sure why no one around here stocks it. Also
Rhett and DT are great. Have had some great convos with them. I totally endorse their stuff. Even with the longer barrel you only burn 94%. I understand you want to use what you have. There are times we want to use RL33 is 6.5 WSM but depends on the bullet and end up going to RL26. We know for a fact RL33 has that magical 50+ FPS in it but doesn't always work out.

Start off with 87-88grs, that shows a 53k PSI load. That should be super safe. It's what I would do but this is just a simple reference, please proceed. 90gr load would probably be sticky depending on your chamber. If it's super tight. May get some swipe and bolt may lock up. Those are just general suspects.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
The ammo I've been getting from DT has a speed of 3600 fps from a 26" barrel. How do they get those speeds? I have yet to see any loads with those speeds.

Well I will keep looking for rl33 or just bite the bullet and order some. That is originally what I wanted to use, just couldn't find it around here. Not sure why no one around here stocks it. Also

The ammo I've been getting from DT has a speed of 3600 fps from a 26" barrel. How do they get those speeds? I have yet to see any loads with those speeds.

Wait, your DT load is getting 3600 FPS, with a 127 LRX? Did you chrono this?

Wait, your DT load is getting 3600 FPS, with a 127 LRX? Did you chrono this?
No, that's just what they claim on the box and on their website. Just figured it would have to be close to that or they wouldn't claim it. But no I have not actually chrono it.

No, that's just what they claim on the box and on their website. Just figured it would have to be close to that or they wouldn't claim it. But no I have not actually chrono it.

Sorry, tried to send pic but I guess it didn't work. You can see what I'm seeing on their website under 26 nosler. I really appreciate all your help. Where would you recommend getting the rl33 from?

Nevermind, I just went to their site and looked it up. Holy crap batman! I am not sure how well that caliber and brass handles high pressures like 63k and 64k. I could see 3500 with a load just shy of 64k. But we are 600 FT of elevation. They are at 5300. Not sure if it make all that much of a difference. I am not sure if they are using one of the powders we can get as manufacturers and isn't out to the public. I believe they got those numbers or something close. They make good stuff.

When we "certify" ammo for sale we stay 5k below max pressure. Super conservative because we do share load data that is identical to our production stuff. So we can't use powders that isn't available to the public. That would make no sense. We also do not use super long throats/freebores but more than most to be sure we don't get pressure signs in the TXH(AR Variant) line.

Sorry, tried to send pic but I guess it didn't work. You can see what I'm seeing on their website under 26 nosler. I really appreciate all your help. Where would you recommend getting the rl33 from?

https://ammoseek.com/reloading/powder/Alliant?ikw=33
ammoseek is a cool little tool
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/3512?page=2

We see shortages all the time in everything. We have wholesale accounts but with all those deals we can't sell components, only live ammo. HAZMAT fees suck. Try to watch for sales and free hazmat. We have had a few shortages and buy from the same places you see sometimes.

https://ammoseek.com/reloading/powder/Alliant?ikw=33
ammoseek is a cool little tool
https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/3512?page=2

We see shortages all the time in everything. We have wholesale accounts but with all those deals we can't sell components, only live ammo. HAZMAT fees suck. Try to watch for sales and free hazmat. We have had a few shortages and buy from the same places you see sometimes.

I'll try that. Again thanks a lot!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts