LG Outdoors Price Gouging

Very true. There was a documentary on TV here in Canada a few years ago on why prices were higher here than in the US excluding the $ exchange. The conclusion was because people here just accepted the higher prices and as long as this takes place they would remain higher

Well, that and having to pay for universal health care.

You can't do anything about the fact that there are a ton of people willing to pay a lot more for components than most people. The only thing that will stop this scramble is a decrease in demand (nothing anyone here can do about that at a macro level) or an increase in supply...also not something anyone here can do anything about.

Scalpers are not the ones driving this - it is the people willing to pay $100/lb. If people were willing to pay only MSRP then the scalpers would be out of business. As long as people are willing to pay a huge premium there will be scalpers.
Look at the real underlying reason. Extreme Anti-gunners elected to office. That's the reason this is going on.

Look at the real underlying reason. Extreme Anti-gunners elected to office. That's the reason this is going on.
This has been building ever since the pandemic started. I am sure it has played a part in the last few months but this started (slowly at first) and progressively gotten worse for a year now.

This has been building ever since the pandemic started. I am sure it has played a part in the last few months but this started (slowly at first) and progressively gotten worse for a year now.
I believe both are government caused. Most all problems are caused by state and mostly fed government. They cause the problem and then come to the rescue to fix it usually at a cost to us of tax dollars and loss of freedoms.

Why does everyone assume people that are paying these high prices are dumb? They may have a lot of money, they may put more of an emphasis on shooting/practicing, or who knows what else. I would buy primers today if they were $150/1000 and not think twice about it, and I promise I wouldn't have any regrets. Maybe they go back down to $35/1000 the day after, and if so, I am left with paying an extra $65/1000 in these uncertain times. With all the money in guns, reloading components, reloading equipment, hunting gear, license costs, hunting trips planned this year, etc, I'm not going to be scared off by $115 extra if it means that I can shoot.

Sure, powders at $100/lb are even more expensive and I wouldn't pay that bc I have the powder I need. But if it came down to having a new custom gun and no way to shoot it, I'd probably buy 4 lbs and not be too worried about it. I'm not rich but I'm not in poverty either, and it is about priorities and where you decide to spend your money. Shooting this year and paying $400 for 4 lbs of powder vs not shooting this year...that's an easy decision for me and not one I would lose sleep about at all or regret it in a month or two. A bird in the hand and all that...
Look at new vehicle prices. There's not a vehicle out there that's actually worth what it cost new!!! But many of us still buy them.

So the government caused covid?
Yes our gov't was funding the lab in Wuhan. THE director of that lab worked with Fauci in NC before DHS stopped the program because it was considered too dangerous. Try to figure out how and why Fauci and the CDC patented the corona virus. IF it is alive it is illegal to patent. IF it is a bioweapon that is also against the law et they had one. THat restricted access to study it or come up with mitigating drugs to prevent or cure it. Amazingly Bill Gates is involved with funding. JUSt for fun ask ALexa this question " Alexa does BIll Gates KIll People" THe answer will give you why it was patented

Yes our gov't was funding the lab in Wuhan. THE director of that lab worked with Fauci in NC before DHS stopped the program because it was considered too dangerous. Try to figure out how and why Fauci and the CDC patented the corona virus. IF it is alive it is illegal to patent. IF it is a bioweapon that is also against the law et they had one. THat restricted access to study it or come up with mitigating drugs to prevent or cure it. Amazingly Bill Gates is involved with funding. JUSt for fun ask ALexa this question " Alexa does BIll Gates KIll People" THe answer will give you why it was patented

Hooo boy...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.