LG Outdoors Price Gouging

If everyone would take this stuff seriously, we could burn these scalpers down. Most people don't appreciate the collective power we have to punish the vultures..
You can't do anything about the fact that there are a ton of people willing to pay a lot more for components than most people. The only thing that will stop this scramble is a decrease in demand (nothing anyone here can do about that at a macro level) or an increase in supply...also not something anyone here can do anything about.

Scalpers are not the ones driving this - it is the people willing to pay $100/lb. If people were willing to pay only MSRP then the scalpers would be out of business. As long as people are willing to pay a huge premium there will be scalpers.

Last edited:
Scalpers are not the ones driving this - it is the people willing to pay $100/lb. If people were willing to pay only MSRP then the scalpers would be out of business. As long as people are willing to pay a huge premium there will be scalpers.

That's like saying drug cartels aren't responsible for millions of addicted Americans.

This is microeconomics 101. If more retailers would raise their prices to the point of equilibrium, the market would stabilize much more quickly.

That's like saying drug cartels aren't responsible for millions of addicted Americans.
They're not! Cartels would be out of business if there were no drug users buying their dope. If butterflies were deemed illegal and there was a craving for them by butterfly addicts, cartels would start selling them at high prices.

There are two sides to any sales equation, and if either side are disrupted, both sides are effected. If there were no Mexican drug cartels, there would be less addicted people in America.

Conversely, if there weren't so many American drug addicts with money, there would be far fewer Mexican drug cartels. (I won't say there wouldn't be any).

You are both right, but what I am proposing effects both. I wish I was a web engineer and knew how to create a site that would keep the worst offenders documented into the future. The real power we hold isn't in the current time, it is in refusing to buy from these people in perpetuity.

No, I'm not saying they don't have any responsibility, but just like the drug cartels, if you kill Pablo Escobar the Cali cartel takes over and fills in the supply. As long as people are willing to pay high prices for cocaine there will always be people willing to supply it. You kill one and someone else steps into their place. Killing Escobar did not reduce the amount of drugs coming into the US.

The demand is the issue, and there is nothing we can do about that.

No, I'm not saying they don't have any responsibility, but just like the drug cartels, if you kill Pablo Escobar the Cali cartel takes over and fills in the supply. As long as people are willing to pay high prices for cocaine there will always be people willing to supply it. You kill one and someone else steps into their place. Killing Escobar did not reduce the amount of drugs coming into the US.

The demand is the issue, and there is nothing we can do about that.
A moat filled with sharks and saltwater crocs on the border, and sniper towers, anti-aircraft guns, drone strikes in the DMZ I am proposing. Requisitioned Texas tigers trained to attack on command. Land mines.

I'm a problem solver.

A moat filled with sharks and saltwater crocs on the border, and sniper towers, anti-aircraft guns, drone strikes in the DMZ I am proposing. Requisitioned Texas tigers trained to attack on command. Land mines.

I'm a problem solver.
I think the Tiger King proved that Oklahoma tigers can be more ferocious than Texas tigers, not even counting the impact of adding Carole Baskin into the mix.

I Like "Hecouldgoalltheway's" Thinking!!!!

The MAIN reason I brought this up was in hopes that all the people that see this would use their purchasing powder to let LG-Outdoors and Wholesale Hunter know that their actions will cost them way more in the long run because they decided to try to make a buck off the situation now. I have posted similarly on two other forums today.

And for those foolish enough to pay those prices now, they will regret it in a month or two.

I think the supply chain is starting to make headway against the demand but it will still be awhile until it reaches normalcy again.

I Like "Hecouldgoalltheway's" Thinking!!!!

The MAIN reason I brought this up was in hopes that all the people that see this would use their purchasing powder to let LG-Outdoors and Wholesale Hunter know that their actions will cost them way more in the long run because they decided to try to make a buck off the situation now. I have posted similarly on two other forums today.

And for those foolish enough to pay those prices now, they will regret it in a month or two.

I think the supply chain is starting to make headway against the demand but it will still be awhile until it reaches normalcy again.
Why does everyone assume people that are paying these high prices are dumb? They may have a lot of money, they may put more of an emphasis on shooting/practicing, or who knows what else. I would buy primers today if they were $150/1000 and not think twice about it, and I promise I wouldn't have any regrets. Maybe they go back down to $35/1000 the day after, and if so, I am left with paying an extra $65/1000 in these uncertain times. With all the money in guns, reloading components, reloading equipment, hunting gear, license costs, hunting trips planned this year, etc, I'm not going to be scared off by $115 extra if it means that I can shoot.

Sure, powders at $100/lb are even more expensive and I wouldn't pay that bc I have the powder I need. But if it came down to having a new custom gun and no way to shoot it, I'd probably buy 4 lbs and not be too worried about it. I'm not rich but I'm not in poverty either, and it is about priorities and where you decide to spend your money. Shooting this year and paying $400 for 4 lbs of powder vs not shooting this year...that's an easy decision for me and not one I would lose sleep about at all or regret it in a month or two. A bird in the hand and all that...

Not to be argumentative but I did say foolish not "dumb".

To go along with "A bird in the hand and all that"...."A fool and his money are soon parted".

I see your point, if a person has the money to pay the price with no regrets, then all the power to them.
Unfortunately I am not that wealthy and I decide to NOT spend my money where they take advantage of a situation to make additional profit.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.