Leverevolution

Calvin45

Hey all, just thought I'd share that hodgdon leverevolution seems to be in stock a lot of places in my neck of the woods at least, when nothing else is.

I think this powder is a real "sleeper". It's burn rate is very close
To varget on the charts, 4064, 748, 4895 etc.

But no one is panic buying this "weird" powder. It's not just for lever guns. It shows tremendous potential for 243 with 70~ grain bullets, as well as a standard burn rate 308 powder among other things.

I'm fine with the general public not knowing this and thinking of this as for lever guns only. You guys are not the general public, I consider you friends (or at least accomplices 😁) and just thought I'd pass this message along to you if you've been having a hard time finding your usual powders. This one warrants a closer look for applications outside it's advertised usage.

If I'm not mistaken it's a progressive burn rate - like superformance, rl17, rl26, and win staball 6.5 - all powders know for crazy velocity potential when you find the sweet spot.

It burn rate is right next to the CFE 223. So I learned how to substitute it in place of win 748, BL-c(2), and CFE 223. So I use it in 223, 224 Valkery, 243, 308 win.

I have not found it to be temp sensitive. But I did all my reloading testing up in the 80 degree range. I never never leave bullets in the sun or a hot car

It burn rate is right next to the CFE 223. So I learned how to substitute it in place of win 748, BL-c(2), and CFE 223. So I use it in 223, 224 Valkery, 243, 308 win.

I have not found it to be temp sensitive. But I did all my reloading testing up in the 80 degree range. I never never leave bullets in the sun or a hot car
I do indeed care about temp sensitivity living in Saskatchewan (last year it got up to 39 Celsius/102 F at the hottest and -48c/-54f at the coldest, some of the biggest seasonal temp swings on this planet haha) but no longer worry about the safety of it as I only do load development in the summer now.

Luck for me in Nevada mule deer hunting might get down to zero F or so for late hunts or the hottest days out might be in the 90's early in the morning. Las vegas has like 100 days in a row every year exceeding 100 F. It really sucks and I don't even think about going out shooting when it's over 120. We head for the mountains where it might be 40 degrees cooler over 7500 feet