Leupold VX6HD 4-24 x52 CDS ZL2 vs 3

NeedForSpeed

Im looking at this scope for my 300 Win Mag and there are 2 versions
The 2 only has 2 turret turns vs the 3 that has 3 turns which lets you dial up more elevation. My first inclination was to " get the better one" but speaking with the Leupold rep he stated that the 2 will disl up 900-1000 yds and the 3 will get you to over 1400 yds
Ive shot steel at 1000 yds but wouldnt feel comfortable shooting an animal at that range
Is there anything that Im not considering that would make the ZL3 the better purchase despite the 300-500 dollar increase in price?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and help.

For me the 3 has better reticles in that power range so I got the 3. I give a rip about the CDS dial not matching my other 5-6's because I dont use them. Mine is a hunting scope and fitting in a horse scabbard is important. I would have gotten a 2 if I could of got a different reticle. Maybe the prices have changed but a year ago if I remember they were the same price.

For me the 3 has better reticles in that power range so I got the 3. I give a rip about the CDS dial not matching my other 5-6's because I dont use them. Mine is a hunting scope and fitting in a horse scabbard is important. I would have gotten a 2 if I could of got a different reticle. Maybe the prices have changed but a year ago if I remember they were the same price.
I was looking at the MOA reticle I believe its available as a 2 or 3
Which did you get?
Why dont you use the CDS system?

I was looking at the MOA reticle I believe its available as a 2 or 3
Which did you get?
Why dont you use the CDS system?
Hmmm maybe it is now it wasn't then. I have the TMOA and the Impact christmas tree. Maybe it was a 23 or a 29. Dont remember the number has I have two with that reticle but one is a 5. I just remember they are different. I dont trust the data to match the environment and location enough much past what I can just aim and shoot. I have a chart built for the hunt just taped to my rifle and use the reticle. I dont have to dial to around 1100 so I don't mess with the dial if I don't have to. I got the dials made because they were included but just put them in a drawer.

Hmmm maybe it is now it wasn't then. I have the TMOA and the Impact christmas tree. Maybe it was a 23 or a 29. Dont remember the number has I have two with that reticle but one is a 5. I just remember they are different. I dont trust the data to match the environment and location enough much past what I can just aim and shoot. I have a chart built for the hunt just taped to my rifle and use the reticle. I dont have to dial to around 1100 so I don't mess with the dial if I don't have to. I got the dials made because they were included but just put them in a drawer.
I think the " Christmas tree" is a 23
i looked at that but was leaning toward the simpler MOA cross type reticle design
which one do you prefer, having had both?