• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Leupold VX3I-Long range tactical

• Thread starter Deleted member 115360
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 115360

6.5-20×50. I bought it used a couple years ago, zeroed it, played with it for maybe another 20 rounds, and it's been sitting in my safe ever since. It has a few scratches that you can see in the pics. So, as you can see, this thing has the mark 4, or maybe the mark 5 turrets on it. I researched the mark 4, and it appears the only difference between the vx3 and the mark 4 was the turrets, so it's essentially a mark 4 now? Has a real solid set of tactical rings that will stay with the scope. I don't see a brand on them, nor do I remember where I got them. Anyways, $950 shipped or best offer.

Attachments

• 4514.jpeg
    4514.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 4509.jpeg
    4509.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 4513.jpeg
    4513.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 4512.jpeg
    4512.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 4511.jpeg
    4511.jpeg
    47.8 KB · Views: 70
Answering pm questions:

It is a mil-dot reticle, and it is SFP.

I haven't weighed it, but it is a tank. Of course, these things are indestructible.

6.5-20×50. I bought it used a couple years ago, zeroed it, played with it for maybe another 20 rounds, and it's been sitting in my safe ever since. It has a few scratches that you can see in the pics. So, as you can see, this thing has the mark 4, or maybe the mark 5 turrets on it. I researched the mark 4, and it appears the only difference between the vx3 and the mark 4 was the turrets, so it's essentially a mark 4 now? Has a real solid set of tactical rings that will stay with the scope. I don't see a brand on them, nor do I remember where I got them. Anyways, $950 shipped or best offer.
The true Mark 4 scopes has double erector spring and a heavier duty main tube. Glass is identical between the two optically speaking.

The true Mark 4 scopes has double spring ejectors and a heavier duty main tube. Glass is identical between the two optically speaking.
Look close at the pics, I think this is the mark 4 tube. This thing weighs probably close to 3lbs. I'm going to call leupold today to get the details of exactly what it is. I've owned several mark 4's and several vx3's, and I bought it off the shelf at my lgs and didnt even look at it closely until I got home because I was sure it was a mark 4 when I was holding it.

Look close at the pics, I think this is the mark 4 tube. This thing weighs probably close to 3lbs. I'm going to call leupold today to get the details of exactly what it is. I've owned several mark 4's and several vx3's, and I bought it off the shelf at my lgs and didnt even look at it closely until I got home because I was sure it was a mark 4 when I was holding it.
I'm only speaking of the difference. Maybe it's a true Mark 4 scope, I don't know. My 6.5-20 I think weighs around 1.5lbs and it's a Mark 4 from Leupold. The Mark 4 scopes weren't designed as a hunting scope like the VX3 was. HD tube and double erectors weren't needed. Personally I don't believe you need them for a hunting scope. Use in LE or Military makes that a plus. Wish they'd have made one in a 4-20 option.

The 4.5-14/6.5-20/8.5-25 LR VX3 scopes look identical to the Mark4 scopes other than the Turrets. There's no physical difference on the outside otherwise. I had Mark4 turrets installed on a 4.5-14 LR VX3 scope. Identical now to my Mark4 4.5-14 scope. My Mark 4 (6.5-20) weighs 23 oz.

BTW ..These are Excellent scopes. 800.00 is a deal on this scope. They aren't made anymore and will last forever. Just wish they offered them in a 4-20 magnification option. 23 ounces is equal to the new VX5HD 4-20x52 scopes. Maybe a bit lighter actually.