Leupold VX-III 4.5-14 40mm Long Range Rifle Scope # 55118

Fotis

Talk to me about this scope. I am starting out at the long range shooting thing and I know nothing about this scope. How do the turrets work? Do they lock in place and then return back to the sight in? Anything else I should know. This is going on my 300 RUM for know.

POP

Since its a vx3, the turrets should perform great. No mechanical problems should be encountered. I have a couple of the vx2, 6-18 targets, and the turrets have only let me down 1 time out of 4 years worth of using them to click up and down, up and down, up and down. The vx3's are a lot better, and they may even be on par with the MK4's turrets. I know my MK4 turrets are rock solid.

Does anyone know of anyone who makes turrets for this scope. The type of turrets that do not require to have the caps removed to adjust for long range.

I leave my caps off my vx2's. Leupold says there still waterproof etc.. I hated screwing them off and on all the time. Thats one good thing about the MK4, exposed knobs and are built solid. I wouldn't suspect any problems with the vx3's though. They are still a hell of a scope, even with the caps off.

If you don't already have the scope you might want to wait on this one. Leupold #60360. It is the VX-L 4.5-14x56mm and it has target knobs.

I think I've got to have one!!!!!

Pop,

Leupold will convert the scope over from regular turrets to target knobs... I don't have the link handy, I got it from a search on this website for target turrets, though, previous poster had a thread with this same question and a link to Leupolds custom shop. That same thread discussed the other options you had at the time as well. Good Luck!

EZ

those will work, but for about the same money the leupold custom shop will put on turrets for you. I don't know what reticle you want but the custom shop can customize that for you as well. Check out leupolds website under custom shop.

[ QUOTE ]
I leave my caps off my vx2's. Leupold says there still waterproof etc.. I hated screwing them off and on all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now why didn't I think of that? Unscrew them when you go into the field, put them back on when you return home. Owe you a 6 pack for that (obvious once you hear it) idea. THANKS!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts