Leupold scope advice

Fuzzyfoot

Looking to purchase a Leupold VXIII scope,possibly used.If buying used, is there different qualities of the vxlll to look out for? Do the serial numbers reflect this?

Before you go off and buy a used scope, email me w/what you are looking for and I'll shoot you a price. My address in in my profile.

If you are looking for a Leupold, look at the Leupold M4 Long Range Tacticle (LRT). I am a Nightforce man, but I do like my Leupold M4 4.5x14x50mm LRT. I saw one on e-bay for around $599.00 about a month ago. I paid $850.00 for mine brand new. Good luck with your hunt.

Wildcat

Hi, own two 8 x 25 x 50 scopes. I own 11 rifles and use any of the two on any rifle by modifying weaver mounts and using the Weaver Quick Disconnect rings. Sold all my other scopes and bought these. They are now 3 years old and are the best investment I ever made. If you have a shooting problem, it is not your scope. Lupold takes that variable out of the equasion. The cheapest Leupole scope prices are at Bruno shooting supplies. He has a web site and is a great supplier with very low overhead. You might just have to wait a couple of weeks for delivery, but your won't be disappointed!

Like a man once said, buy a savage and put you cash in good optics ....... very wise shooter!

I have a Leupold vxIII 6.5-22x -50mm that's probably 5 years old (keep in mind this was a brand new scope). It was originally on a 17 Rem. with maybe 250 rounds through it. I later put it on my 10/22 shortly there after the windage stopped moving. You could crank it left/right with no movement. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. $800 or so on a scope for a rifle that has a mouse fart for recoil (wasn't happy). They they had it fixed and returned in three weeks.

I think it's more luck of the draw.

good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.