Leupold or?

Lahunter76

I have always used Leupold bad my father did, I just want to know what others think about Vortex optics. I am currently using a Leupold VX5HD 3-15x56 but my next scope I was looking at the same scope but the 3-15x44, and started looking at the vortex. So who's used them and how do u like them and are the cost to benefit like Leupold?

I have 2 Vortex Viper HSTs. I bought them as "beginner" long range scopes and they have served the purpose. They track well, are user friendly and hold their zeros. They are nothing to write home about when it comes to light gathering and clairity, however. I will probably be looking to kick it up a notch when I get my Delta 5.

March if you can swing it. I had to many Leupolds fail on me in a row. The last one was a vx6(not HD) and the whole erector system took a crap. The guy told me the basically replace 2/3 of the scope. That was it for me.

I've shot leupold since the early '80 never had one fail me. I bought the VX6HD 4-24 shot my elk at 950yrds last year tracked perfectly.

I've had a vx6 (non hd), a vx3 LR, and recently a vx5 hd that completely failed tall target tracking tests.
I strongly believe that the mk5's are the only Leupolds that track reliably

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.