Leupold 3.5-10x40 CDS

DZelenka

I finally got around to zeroing in my new Leupold 3.5-10x40 CDS. I added a CDS windage turret through the custom shop. I mounted it on a McMillan .280 and zeroed it at 100 yards. I moved to the 600 yard line, added 12.5 MOA elevation and 2 MOA left wind and shot. I underestimated the wind a bit and was 7" right. Elevation was 1/4 MOA low. Added wind and shot 2 was an X. 3 and 4 were 4" left. #5 blew the spotter out and #6 was fired in a pick up which was 3" right of center. The wind was a bit tricky, but all of the shots would have been good hits on a deer sized animal. I was shooting a 140 Ballistic Tip at an estimated 3000 fps. Not your best 600 yard combination, but good enough. I would probably limit this set up to 450 yds on game. The best part was that the elevation spread was less than 1/2 MOA.

I like the scope and the adjustment turrets. They are lower profile than other externally adjustable turrets which works on a hunting scope. This thing is a winner.

Dan

PS The turrets are still marked in MOA and have not been customized with yardage information.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.