Let’s see those Smokeless builds!!

Mesa Precision Summit Ml action, .50 cal 26" Brux 1:20 fluted by Paul at Pro Precision Rifles, Hankins ignition, Muzzle Brake and More Beast 2, Manners EH1, Trigger Tech Special, Hawkins bottom metal. Going to start pillars, bedding, getting the open sights set up, etc. I had to go .50 cal because the state of Colorado seems to think you can't kill an elk with any muzzleloader less than a half inch wide bullet. Gun has to shoot black powder(BH 209 is OK) and have open sights.
I was shooting the Powerbelt ELR 330's in my Paramount Pro Colorado but wasn't very fond of them as they are somewhat explosive so I'm looking for a .50 cal bullet no sabot, would rather have bullet to the bore as opposed to a plastic skirt like PB or Boredriver, and don't want the ~100% weight retention of Barnes/Thor. I don't mind sizing bullets at all but haven't found anything in .50 caliber except Thor.
The Mesa is very smooth and Brett at Apex Custom Rifles put it together in under 2 months including getting the action, barrel, ignition, sights, and making the front sight mount.
View attachment 466512View attachment 466513View attachment 466514
Nice set up. Very cool with the .50 1:20 twist. I put Nathans 5 port Beast Ti on my Paramount. Thats a **** good brake. I got Luke @ Arrowhead to cut me a SS load thru funnel for mine. I'm guessing you'e done the same or similar. I like having something built that no one else has the same thing. I like function & creatively outside the box. Your gun is definitely both.

For me I am looking for temp stable powders so I can get my load for IOWA in January. Dream deer hunt for me.

I will be trying a host of good powders this year but for my IOWA deer load it has to be a temp stable one.
Benchmark at 92 gr is my first starting point for a deer load.

I need to find powders that work well for 325 gr bullets too. Besides H4895.
N120 will work fine for you with 325g bullets. I really like N110 & N120 powders.
As to the IMR 4895 bc NO H has been very avail for a while now. You can use Accurate 2495 to replace it.

N120 will work fine for you with 325g bullets. I really like N110 & N120 powders.
As to the IMR 4895 bc NO H has been very avail for a while now. You can use Accurate 2495 to replace it.
I have N120 but RL 10x is MY powder. I absolutely love it. Great velocity and accuracy. 91 or 92 gr will be my load this year pushing 303 HC pittman..

Mesa action barreled by Jeff Hankins in a manners stock. Trigger tech diamond Hawkins bdl m5 metal to fill the hole. She's resting in fresh bedding now but maybe by tonight I can let the wrath of smokeless unleash!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpeg
    IMG_2748.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Hankins Custom Rifle 45 smokeless muzzler loader
Jeff did all the metal work and I finished the stock
Here the build list:
Defiance Outcast
Fly cut bolt face
Brux #17 1-20 twist hybrid flute barrel cut at 26"
Master Blaster brake with funnel
Hankins Ignition System 5/8"plug with brass modules
Hank's Precision smooth die
Hank's Precision 3pc ram rod
Jewel Trigger set @ 1 lbs
Grayboe Renegade stock
Grayboe M5 bottom metal
Red Hawk 4" picatinny rail
NF ATRCR F2 7x35x56 MRAD
NF rings
Hollands scope level
Accu-Tac bipod

Planning to shoot 300 grain bullets with Benchmark unless it finds a new home before hunting season gets here.

Last edited:
Here the build list:
Defiance Outcast
Fly cut bolt face
Grayboe Renegade stock
Grayboe M5 bottom metal
NF ATRCR F2 7x35x56 MRAD
NF rings
Hollands scope level
Accu-Tac bipod

Planning to shoot 300 grain bullets with Benchmark unless it finds a new home before hunting season gets here.

Your selling that beauty?
Oh and give 10X a chance. You can thank me later. It's amazing. Benchmark was good but I was a bit disappointed with the FPS I got. 10x. Is my go to powder to feed my McWhorter 45XML smokless

Here the build list:
Defiance Outcast
Fly cut bolt face
Grayboe Renegade stock
Grayboe M5 bottom metal
NF ATRCR F2 7x35x56 MRAD
NF rings
Hollands scope level
Accu-Tac bipod

She looks GREAT, Mark! I love the 'makeover'. 😉 What did you end up doing with the 'Stocky's' that she originally sat in?

Here the build list:
Defiance Outcast
Fly cut bolt face
Grayboe Renegade stock
Grayboe M5 bottom metal
NF ATRCR F2 7x35x56 MRAD
NF rings
Hollands scope level
Accu-Tac bipod

Great idea for bdl opening!!

Your selling that beauty?
Oh and give 10X a chance. You can thank me later. It's amazing. Benchmark was good but I was a bit disappointed with the FPS I got. 10x. Is my go to powder to feed my McWhorter 45XML smokless
Sure I'll sell it. I enjoy building them.

What kind of groups are you getting at 10pm yards with the 10X?
I'm will to try if if you can share your load data on here or via PM.