Let’s see those Smokeless builds!!

Encore do you think 350gr pitts would stabilize in a 1x20 twst barrel???

Just curious of the purpose of a 350 over a 300 or 325? Is it pure BC reasoning for 1000 yard shooting or for hunting.

Thanks encore

@445 supermag

From the 350gr Aeromax web page..If it's in the green you're good to go according to this.
IMG_2396.png

Encore do you think 350gr pitts would stabilize in a 1x20 twst barrel???

Just curious of the purpose of a 350 over a 300 or 325? Is it pure BC reasoning for 1000 yard shooting or for hunting.

Thanks encore
I'd have done what Deputy did by providing the data from Pittman. :)

The heavier 350gr isn't affected by the wind ... as much ... as the lighter bullets when shooting long range. The higher BC helps.
I have not shot the Pittman 350's, so I wouldn't know if they remained stable when dropping below the speed of sound.

Mesa Precision Summit Ml action, .50 cal 26" Brux 1:20 fluted by Paul at Pro Precision Rifles, Hankins ignition, Muzzle Brake and More Beast 2, Manners EH1, Trigger Tech Special, Hawkins bottom metal. Going to start pillars, bedding, getting the open sights set up, etc. I had to go .50 cal because the state of Colorado seems to think you can't kill an elk with any muzzleloader less than a half inch wide bullet. Gun has to shoot black powder(BH 209 is OK) and have open sights.
I was shooting the Powerbelt ELR 330's in my Paramount Pro Colorado but wasn't very fond of them as they are somewhat explosive so I'm looking for a .50 cal bullet no sabot, would rather have bullet to the bore as opposed to a plastic skirt like PB or Boredriver, and don't want the ~100% weight retention of Barnes/Thor. I don't mind sizing bullets at all but haven't found anything in .50 caliber except Thor.
The Mesa is very smooth and Brett at Apex Custom Rifles put it together in under 2 months including getting the action, barrel, ignition, sights, and making the front sight mount.
sml1.jpg
sml2.jpg
sml3.jpg

I am going to buy some Pittman 350 gr aeromaxes to play with. What powders and starting weights do you guys suggest?
I have
benchmark
10x
H4350
I love love love 10x so much so that I am getting 10 lbs more of it tomorrow and it's a freaking steal right now