Let’s see some coyotes!

Here is the first thing I shot with my 8mm Gibbs up in Idaho.

Attachments

• IMG_1084 (1).jpg
    IMG_1084 (1).jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 34
Here is my personal record for distance in the dark. A little foggy, but you get the idea! 22 Creedmoor with 75gr ELDM @ 3520fps. I use Win StaBall 6.5 and a 26" ACE Barrel with 8 twist.

View attachment 532444

How many grains of stable 6.5 did you use? I was wanting to work up a load using stable 6.5. I love it in 6.5 creed. still playing with my 22 creed.

3500 yards is an impressive shot on a coyote considering the longest confirmed shot in 2017 was by a Canadian sniper using a McMillan TAC-50 on a Taliban was 3871. I think that a British sniper has since broken that record and I have heard that a Ukrainian sniper has broken that record again recently. So many improvements in rifles, powders, bullet designs, range finders and optics have made long range shots and hits possible.

3500 yards is an impressive shot on a coyote considering the longest confirmed shot in 2017 was by a Canadian sniper using a McMillan TAC-50 on a Taliban was 3871. I think that a British sniper has since broken that record and I have heard that a Ukrainian sniper has broken that record again recently. So many improvements in rifles, powders, bullet designs, range finders and optics have made long range shots and hits possible.
Who made that shot? I'm not saying it didn't happen but I smell BS, sorry almost 2 miles, I'd have to have that verified before i'd buy . 👍