Some coyotes from the last few months

Over the years I have been witness to some pretty impressive things done by coyote . Around twenty five years ago I set an M44 along a road that was being used by an old male with two females running with him as the tracks in the snow said to me . So three days later I went to check and yes I did have the old male . So this was in early Nov. . Now then the next couple of times I went through to check and see if I had gotten the females I would see their tracks leave the road an 1/8 mile before that place and then come back on the road after passing by where the male had been killed . Were they trained , being cautious did they know that there was something that caused them trouble in that location ? I did get the two of them but not there and not with an m44 and the same bait . Because that was my job I had to figure out how to get them and did . I have seen coyote stop stand still and listen when I was ground crewing for the plane , some of them would run before I could hear the plane and some of them would lay down in a cow trail with even their heads put down on their front paws and in a few minutes here would come the plane or chopper that was usually being used to hunt them . I've guided the aircraft in on them and the aircraft couldn't see them for awhile if they didn't move , were they trained , did they just get lucky that time , did they know what to do , were they just being cautious , did they learn from past experiences ?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.