Lens cleaning.??

Jake in NC

..Hey guys.. Acting on the "hot tip" from Sheldon Charron the Kowa big eyes are in hand.. I noticed the lenses have a little funk on'em.. What's the best way to clean them properly.?? For some reason I'm a little hesitant to break out the Leupold lens cleaner.. What do you guys suggest.?? JiNC

PS--Mannn.. These things are schweeeeeett.!!

W

*WyoWhisper*

Hey Jake how are ya...

I use some lens cleaner the eye doctor gave my father for his glasses.. I bet you can go to Wally World and get some... just my .02.. then i use one of the lens cloths you get when you buy a scope and use them to keep clean..

Glad to see someone from GGVG..over here with my other bunch of friends...

How far from Burnsville are ya???

jcpython357

Jake, Read Matt's post a few down from yours, that was all covered in his. ACETONE with a cotton swab is where it's at, man. But not fingernail polish remover.
J

Jake in NC

Hey Rick.. I live about 2 hours north of Burnsville.. But the club is just across the county line (Pee Dee River) in Richmond county.. Mi casa es su casa.. d:^) JiNC

W

*WyoWhisper*

Jake,

In-laws have a cabin on top of the mountain just west of Burnsville... neat area!!!

If I get that way this fall I'll bring a varmint rifle and you can show me around!!!

jcpython357

August, Did you ever get a whif of MEK? It's pretty nasty, Acetone goes on and it's already dried like the day before last,I use it at work all the time, stuffs a great cleaner for cleaning over oil based cleaners that we use on our machines where we need to be clean for food carton manufacture(Hotpockets).
Jay

Trending threads