Len -- You shoot Canon?

VTi

Hi Len. I was just wondering if you're a Canon shooter. I just took delivery of my new 1DmkIII and if you are shooting the same SLR by chance, I'd love to get your opinions. Some of the custom functions have to be dialed in meticulously for proper performance. Just curious. Thanks.

A couple weeks at Yellowstone NP I was shooting next to a photographer with a D2x + 600mm AFS. I thought about throwing him out into traffic and taking that rig for myself, it was sweet. I got a chance to use a D2x for a short period of time, and that'd be my camera in a heartbeat if only the dark side made image stabilized super telephoto's. Love that camera, so user friendly compared to the Canon. But, the new 1DmkIII is completely different, so far I like it alot.

I love your images of the bald eagles fishing, on your website. ***If anyone else is reading this, you owe it to yourself to check out Len's site, absoluetly fantastic images there. Get the link in his sig line.***

[ QUOTE ]
***If anyone else is reading this, you owe it to yourself to check out Len's site, absoluetly fantastic images there. Get the link in his sig line.***

[/ QUOTE ]

(+1) The best way to watch them is by clicking on slide show wait till it finishes loading, if your using Explorer browser, press f11 wait about 3 seconds and you will have a beautiful slide show on full screen! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am 30 years in Professional Photography my wife and I have a full time portrait
studio in Northern WI

Check out our stuff on the web. www.tphoto.com

I started with a Nikon FA and F3's
Then EOS came along so we made the Move to Canon as we grew we did the
Studio portraits with Mamiya 645 systems and I really liked them. We always used
35mm for weddings except the big goups on 645.

Then we made the Move to Digital Capture in the Studio in Spring or 1999 with the Nikon Hybrid Kodak
DCS 660 6 MP cameras for only 33,000 Each yes 33,000 just for the Body
and 1 battery that lasted for 100 shots and 1 GB IBM Micro Drives that cost 1,045
Each and if you dropped it once they were toast.

Fast forward to today

1 1Dx
2 5DmkIII's
2 1D mkIV's
1 Rebel T4i = Video @ matches
and 30 plus lenses and 6 600 RT flashes and two STE-3s

We Make a living creating Portraits and for ad some commercial and Shooting sports
images as well.

I love the 5D mkIII's and while the 1Dx is Great I wish the 1.3 multiplier
was still in the 1Dx.

Feel free to call if I can Help

Dan

715-367-1144

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.