Leica Rangemaster 1600

denny2

I just noticed that there is a 1600-B version now.
What is the difference between the 1600 and the B version?
Thanks!

Like its predecessor the CRF 1600, the CRF1600-B will determine ranges out to 1600 yards. However, it differs in a few dramatic ways.

The Leica CRF 1600-B features the newly developed ballistic function ABC™ (Advanced Ballistic Compensation), accounts for air pressure, temperature, and angle of inclination to offer holdover values displayed in one of three output modes:

1 - provides linear holdover value in inches (or centimeters)

2 - provides true horizontal distance equivalent to target in yards (or meters)

3 - provides holdover in ¼ M.O.A (or mil radian)

The CRF 1600-B utilizes the same 12 pre-programmed ballistics curves as the CRF 1600, but holdover values will now be given from 100 yards to a full 880 yards (compared to only 500 yards on the CRF 1600).

Thanks!
I read the post and found that it gives a ballistic curve to 875 compared to my 500 on my 1600. Also it has 1/4 MOA. I hope mine can be updated because I just bought it in Feb.
Thanks for the link. I forgot about the search function.lightbulb

I just received an e-mail from Leica stating that The 1600 cannot be updated to the 1600-B.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.