• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Leica Magnus. Trade

shooters

What a gem.
Extremely difficult to find.
Leica Magnus 2.4-16x56
Illuminated!
Ballistic reticle and turret.
Absolutely phenomenal glass and the low light is unreal.
The illumination is perfect. Eye box is exceptional. Like looking through a big screen.

Looking to trade for now for another high end optic.
Never mounted.
I can't imagine the Z8i or Schmidt Polar is better in low light. Haven't tried though.
No Vortex, Arken, Leupold etc offers for trade!
I get bored easily so seeing what's out there I have tried.

Attachments

• IMG_1170.jpeg
    IMG_1170.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1169.jpeg
    IMG_1169.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
****….I have that exact scope and it's just about perfect.
I also have a Z8i and it's really a coin flip as to which one I prefer. Each has its categories where it beats the other.
What don't u like about it, that will improve with something else?
Put a price tag on it…..it will sell and u can buy something else.
Why on earth Leica stopped making them is a mystery and a shame.

****….I have that exact scope and it's just about perfect.
I also have a Z8i and it's really a coin flip as to which one I prefer. Each has its categories where it beats the other.
What don't u like about it, that will improve with something else?
Put a price tag on it…..it will sell and u can buy something else.
Why on earth Leica stopped making them is a mystery and a shame.

There's nothing even in the slightest that I don't like. I'm extremely hesitant about letting it go. If I was smart, I would just leave it in the safe. Im about as ADHD as they come and just constantly have to be trying other optics, guns, bows etc.
I had it along side some of my recent purchases (Zeiss V8, older Diavari, Swaro Z6, S&B Stratos, and some other (lesser) optics. The Magnus IMO is in a different league as far as low light.
I assumed maybe I'd sell and try a Swaro Z8i, TT 315 or a ZCO420. Honestly no clue.
I have not tried a Swaro Z8i side by side so maybe I'd give one a try. I really just don't know.
I can say I don't plan on selling it cheap. These are gold as you're aware of.

Last edited:
Keep it. You are spot-on regarding Leica's performance in low light (ER 2.5-10 - also discontinued!). To my eyes, there is none better. Leicas resolve low light much differently than SB 5-25 PMII and 3-12 Klassik. I sold-on the Klassik after accepting that it just didn't look as good as it should and opted for an Eotech Vudu 1-6 FFP and 2 sets of QD rings. The Leica and the Eotech do double duty on two M70s - conditions and hunting grounds dependent. The Eotech is right there with the Leica (to my eyes). Not an extensive line, but very, very good.