Leica 2800.com What am I missing?

deertroy1

My rangefinder doesn't agree with other apps (JBM, Zeiss, etc.) in the amount of clicks needed at say 800 yds.
I input identical data for atmospheres, and ballistics but all of the other apps recommend 84-85 clicks correction but the range finder only recommends 79. The Leica app says 171 inches of compensation which, to me, should be 85 clicks but the range finder says 79.
What am I missing?

Both are 1/4 MOA
It's probably just how the Leica is dealing with the environmentals. Only way to tell for sure is to shoot it at the intended range.

Last edited:
My rangefinder doesn't agree with other apps (JBM, Zeiss, etc.) in the amount of clicks needed at say 800 yds.
I input identical data for atmospheres, and ballistics but all of the other apps recommend 84-85 clicks correction but the range finder only recommends 79. The Leica app says 171 inches of compensation which, to me, should be 85 clicks but the range finder says 79.
What am I missing?

I think you are conflating inches with MOA which as I'm sure you know are ever so slightly larger. Your clicks aren't adjusting in inches they are adjusting in MOA. I come up with 81 clicks which is only a couple clicks off of the Leica. That could be something as simple as a slight angle to what you are ranging, or the rangefinder reading slightly different environmentals (it takes its' own) than what you input into the app. Like you said though, the real test is to take it out and shoot it.

I've really enjoyed my 2800 and have learned that if I've input a good ballistic profile into rangefinder, to trust what it tells me for a dial up. It hasn't steered me wrong yet.

Leica settings are iphy and moa. Double check settings and then verify profile is exact. I have the 3200 bino's and my data lines up within .1 from shooter, applied ballistics app, and kestrel

Your Leica accounts for angle and adjusts for it. If your line of sight is 800 yards with a 5 degree downward angle it will call for less than a computer using only the info input.