Leica 2800.com Question

deertroy1

I have a Leica 2800.com. I take the load I worked up to the range and sight in my rifle for say 200 yds. I then take the environmentals from the range day and make a custom curve with my chosen bullet.
My question is do I use the environmentals from the range or from where and when I'm going to hunt?
For instance, I sight my gun in at the range in September at 400 ft elevation in 70 degree weather. I hunt in another province at 5000 ft elevation in 40 degree weather.
Can I use the curve I made at home and the Leica with take the new conditions into account or do I need to kind of guess where I will be hunting and build the curve accordingly?
I should add that I do not plan on shooting past 800 yds at the absolute max.

I used mine to record the environmental conditions and build curve. I had to play with bc. To true up the curve. I'm still trying to get it dialed in but I'm not getting too serious until I get my kestrel and use applied ballistics for anything way out there.

Put into the app the conditions where you sighted in.

When you hit the range button at 5000ft elevation, it will use the current atmospheric conditions to give you the the correct holdover

I have a few wind meters just not a kestrel and was wondering if it had to be kestrel for other reasons

The kestrel elite bluetooths with the 2800.com and gives you the info in the display

i don't pair mine with a kestrel so I don't get the wind holds. But elevation has been spot on for 0 to 9500ft

It's a great rangefinder stand alone but when paired with the kestrel you get applied ballistics shooting solutions out too 2000 yards or more.

So for example, I can be at 20' elevation , 75% humidity, and 95* weather a site my gun in program the 2800.com, go to 5000' elevation , 20% humidity and 40* weather and the 2800.com will make the compensation for you ?