Leica 2000-b ballistic solution

scottyboy

Has anyone used the ballistic tables that are pre-programmed in a Leica 2000-b...if so, are they any good? (Accurate. Accurate being a minute or so out to 500-600ish)

I found one locally that appears brand new for sale at $250 and I'm thinking for that price it could be a good backup or a loaner for others who don't own one, but if the ballistic solutions suck (not accurate) I don't know if I need it as a backup for purely rangefinding purposes.

I have never used a Leica RF and have found little reviews online about the 2000-b. The price is appealing, but I'm wondering if that's for a reason.

Well as far as companies go they are pretty hot when it comes to specs so I think they would be very close, because a MOA at 600 yards gives you a 12" spread meaning +6" or -6". I have used other units that are within a couple of inches or less at that distance,

hope that helps.

John.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.