Leica 1600

Rustystud

I ordered a Leica 1600 back in August from one of the larger Leica Dealers.

The original order was taken an email reply was received saying the product would ship in 24 hours.

The next day a second e-amil was received saying the product would ship September 9th. I was told I would receive a 5% discount due to the delay.

A call telling the dealer the buyer was going on an elk hunt on the 17th and would like to have the Leica 1600 before leaving. The dealer now stated that Leica 1600 shows a delivery date of September 20.

I just called (9-28-10) Leica and was told that the Leica 1600 was experiencing some manufacturing problems and may not be available until next spring (2011).

I called the dealer and asked what the status of the Leica 1600s that were suppose to be delivered on September 20. The dealer told me the delivery date was again set back to October 4. The dealer said that he would call Leica and see if there were going to be continued delays.

It seems Leica is having problems and jerking around the dealers who are inturn jerking arround the buyers.

They have shot them self in the foot with their credibility by giving multiple false delivery dates is damming. Apparently there were fifty units sent to 7 dealers in the United States just after the Shot Show. Just enough to create some interest and test the market waters.

Nat Lambeth

I have a Leica 1600 on order since end of August too - promise was for delivery by end Sept - not looking likely now!

From your talk with Leica looks like not much hope for arrival this year!

Thinking about cancelling the order as that's a very long wait!

Poor Marketing and bait and switch tactics

The dealer is suppose to call me back this afternoon and tell me what Leica tells him.

The dealer offered me a Leica 1200 at a reduced cost.

I wanted the 1600 for a reason. I may give another brand a thought. Leica is not the only game in town. It is just very disapointing.

Nat Lambeth

I bought a 1600 from Cabelas in early Aug. It was defective and I sent it back to Lecia. There was a decided delay, but I recieved my new 1600 just recently (last week). They dont repair these units, just replace them. It seems to be working well, I've ranged little kids at just under 600 yds. I intend to wring it out better soon. I will post my results, probably in the optics section.

The dealer got back to me saying its due in the next 2 - 3 weeks - not sure if that's reliable or just trying to keep me interested!

I look forward to your review MT4XFore. Or if you really are shooting kids I look forward to seeing you on the national news....

I too was called yesterday afternoon by the dealer who said they had been in contact with Leica. The dealer told me that Leica said they would receive a shipment next week and my name was in the que to receive one. The dealer said this was not the first time Leica did not meet their own delivery deadline.

I will wait another two weeks and if not received I will let you know what the dealer tells me. Apparently there are several other manufactures with 1600 yard compatable w/ balistics software available and even more on the horizon.

Nat Lambeth

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.