Leica 1600-B 12 ballistic curves

JohnnyK, there are 12 ballistic curves preset in the Leica 1600 B. They stop giving drop data after 500 yards( pages 181,182,183 in the owners instruction booklet). I have tried to match a curve to three different rifles and none match up. However one is close at 500 yards. I would like to know the drop on these 12 curves at 600,650,700,750 and so on up to 800 yards. I was still hoping to maybe find a curve I could use at 500 yards to 800 yards. Hope this is as clear as mud. Thanks for any help. George

Bushnell's 1 Mile ARC rangefinders (monocular and binocular) "supposedly" give ballistics to 1,000 meters.

We'll see if it actually does solve for that distance as I have a 1 Mile ARC binocular in 10 X 42. Getting ready to test it against my 6.5 Creedmoor and my .300 Win mag.

George,
I understand what you're asking and I don't know if you will be able to get the info you're looking for. It didn't take me long to figure out the ballistic portion of the Leica doesn't match up with any of the cartridges I currently shoot. I just use it for range, temp & Bp.
It would be nice if it were re-programmable. JohnnyK.

My Bushnell LRF binoculars have 7 ballistics categories and I have found some .300 Win mag 180 gr. boat tail bullets are in one category and others are in another category. I guess Bushnell has done testing.

I'll have to test my Berger 130 gr. Hybrid Tactical bullets (for .300 Win mag) to see which Bushnell category - if any - they will fall into. Maybe they will be similar to a 338 Wetherby mag.

I HOPE the Bushnell categories are derived from testing and not just manufacturers ballistics tables because some of those are from theoretical tables which are not always correct.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.