• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Leica 1600-b

dan25

I am looking for a Leica 1600-b rangefinder. Would also consider a G7. Has anyone ever used the leica 1600-b ballistic tables for a 300 win mag? Thanks for looking.

I am looking for a Leica 1600-b rangefinder. Would also consider a G7. Has anyone ever used the leica 1600-b ballistic tables for a 300 win mag? Thanks for looking.

I'm in the same boat. Would like some input on both of those rangefinders. I also shoot a couple 300 Win mags. Can't decide between the 1600-B & the G7. Currently leaning towards the BR2. Thanks

If you want a laser RF strictly to use the ballistic app inside it, the G7 has a far more advanced internal app.

If you are willing to use the Rangefinder just to range, and maybe get baro , temp and shot angle to input into a phone app. The Leica is a very good choice and has a more precise beam.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff,

It seems possible to overcome the wider beam divergence of the G7 if one knows how to use the mode functions. If folks here are discovering otherwise I would like to hear about it. I have read all the reviews I can find, but still have reservations on both.

Ryan

Thanks Jeff,

It seems possible to overcome the wider beam divergence of the G7 if one knows how to use the mode functions. If folks here are discovering otherwise I would like to hear about it. I have read all the reviews I can find, but still have reservations on both.

Ryan

Ryan, it sure can be overcome in most cases. I set it up to fail and it did twice for me. The near / far mode did not fix the problem. One case was not far, like 600 yards and the difference in the reported distance and the real distance was only a difference in impact of 3". But the other was out about 950 and would have been a complete miss. Those distances are close, I am going off memory here.

I always recommend starting over the game and work down if there is any doubt. That helps, along with a steady rest like a rear bag tossed on top the scope while prone, works pretty good.

Jeff

I have the Leica 1600-b and love it for what I use it for.

I don't use the ballistics program inside of it though. I get my range temp pressure and angle and use the data in my calculator.

Very accurate with all it can do. I have range to 1955 yds on fair size rocks. Which for my hunting is more then enough for now.

Haven't used the g7 so all I can do is give you my opinion on the Leica.

Hello to all,
I bought a 1600-B from Camera Land NY. I Bought a Demo 579.00 I think. Excelent Unit, I had a Great Guy check it out with his Superior Units. It passed with Flying Colors.
Thanks, Broz.
Now the internal Ballistics calculator is good to 880 some yards, not sure on your
300 WM ballistics. It has 12 curves, zeros of 100 yards, 200 yards, 300 yards.
In Short, Excellent RF for the Money, if you don't want Ballistics programs it tells all data for phone app. or data to Ballistics Program.
Good luck, thanks to all on here!
Curtis.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 8
I was playing with my 1600 tonight. Great conditions about 1 hr before dark. I walked it out to 1995 yards on small trees. But I could not get 2K.:)

Jeff

With a friends unit before I had purchased mine we got 2040s for yards.

But as I said the best I've done with mine is early morning at 1955 years. I'll play with mine again tomorrow morning if it isn't foggy to see if I can break 2k.

Jeff, what in your opinion is the best thing to range off of in the field?

I was playing with my 1600 tonight. Great conditions about 1 hr before dark. I walked it out to 1995 yards on small trees. But I could not get 2K.:)

Jeff

Recent Posts