• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Leica 1600-b

I received 1998 yds this morning very consistent!!! Ranged a dead tree in the middle of an opening at 1863 yds 10-10 time and the boulder at 1998 yds 8-10 times with two complete misses of the boulder.

Resting on a rear back. Very impressed with the Leica 1600-b

It just won't give it to me!! Lol

image.jpg

1999 yds

Great picture!! and a lot to see in it too. Note the small size of the aiming reticle box and how precise you can be with it. Some RF's you could park a bus inside the reticle at this distance.

Jeff

I appreciate that broomd, I try to help out when I can.

Eric

Thanks 500. I am looking for a nice used one like everyone else is I'm sure. I just found out that Len opened his long range store 10 min from my house. I never knew he was from Oshkosh,WI. I might have to hold the g7 now. Not really sure if the Leica is worth the money. I believe it is a good finder, but not being able to custom upload my data into unit, bothers me. My two options are buying a cheaper rangefinder with angle and getting a kestrel and just blowing my wad a G7. Decisions.

Well the way I look at it is the g7 is almost twice the price and to pay twice as much for a range finder so you don't have to use your calculator or the kestrel seems... I use my rangefinder to range things, the kestrel for wind value and my calculator to find my adjustment.

Takes an extra few seconds, but to each there own.

Thanks 500. I am looking for a nice used one like everyone else is I'm sure. I just found out that Len opened his long range store 10 min from my house. I never knew he was from Oshkosh,WI. I might have to hold the g7 now. Not really sure if the Leica is worth the money. I believe it is a good finder, but not being able to custom upload my data into unit, bothers me. My two options are buying a cheaper rangefinder with angle and getting a kestrel and just blowing my wad a G7. Decisions.

I am also looking to upgrade my RF. I have been using a Leica 1200 up til now. And I think it does a good job.
I was leaning towards the G7 because I could input the data for my shooting setup, have an adjusted hold reading for angled shots, and not have to have different turrets for different elevations.
It was suggested to me to put a little extra money towards the RF and get a Terrapin.

What are you guys suggesting?

I am also looking to upgrade my RF. I have been using a Leica 1200 up til now. And I think it does a good job.
I was leaning towards the G7 because I could input the data for my shooting setup, have an adjusted hold reading for angled shots, and not have to have different turrets for different elevations.
It was suggested to me to put a little extra money towards the RF and get a Terrapin.

What are you guys suggesting?

It all depends on how far you want to range and what. Just practice, or true distances to the game animal it self? If you are going to be shooting ELR, the Terripin is a very good choice.

Jeff

Broz,
When I began my longrange pursuit, I was hoping to be able to accurately shoot 800. Then I purchased a different rifle, and my goal was 1000. Now, I'm waiting on my Raptor LRSS from Kirby. And hope to have the same confidence at 1200 that I got with my rifle I shoot 1000 with. But where does this stop? I'm strictly hunting with my rifles. I'm not wanting to shoot any further than I'm capable of. Not even sure if I will be able to do the 1200yd thing. I guess I'm wondering if giving up the options the G7 has just to be able to range further than I am capable of shooting is the route I need to take. I hunt anywhere from 900 ft to 9000 ft. Almost all mountanous. And primarily whitetail, muledeer and elk. I would like to be able to take as much guess work out of the equation as possible. Knowing this, do you think I should go with the terrapin or the G7?

Recent Posts