Leica 1200 RF

I have also found that if i hit a soft target like a deer and can't get a reading i try to aim at the ground by its feet, and this seems to work quite well depending on how high or low above your target you are. Also if its new, I might just take it back if suggestions above do not correct, New batteries and clean lenses. Good luck.

I have a Leica LRF 900 scan that is supposed to have maximum range 874 Yds. I have it set to meters. When I was ranging the other day it ranged a white house at 977m!!!! which is 1068 yards!!! I swear this is the truth. Once it even ranged other part of the same building at somewhere between 980-989 meters I cant remember the exact value. Has anybody had similar experience with the Leica LRF? BTW when I got these readings the object was a white house like I said, no wind or clouds, temp around 8°C and I was standing on 11th floor ranging 2 storey house downwards.

Was doing a bit more ranging today with my Leica LRF 900 and the longest distance I managed to range was 999 meters that is 1092 yards and the Leica 900 is supposed to have a maximum range of 874 yards!!!

Lots of good advice here, and I'd have to say that your Lieca is capable of better performance. Clean the lens, change the battery and if that don't work, send it to Leica's repair shop.

I have a LRF 800 that the LED display died on after about 1 year. I phoned Leica and they told me to send it in. Less than a week later I had a reconditioned replacement in my hands ( If they didn't tell me it was a reconditioned unit, I wouldn't of know it... Looked brand new to me ) I have now been using that same LRF with excellent results for going on four years now.

Leica is a great company with great products and service. I'm sure that they will make things right for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.