Left handed stocks???

Broz

Guys help me out here. I need a light , left handed composite stock for a 700 Rem LA build. Also a high cheek rest would be great.

Who makes something like this??

Thanks for any help.

Jeff gun)gun)

I have 2 h-s precision leftys. One is a LA sporter, the other is a SA varmint. They are pretty decent. The sporter could use a higher cheek rest, I'm not sure on the weight. B&c make at least a sporter in LH LA as well but I haven't tried them.

Do you by chance use a local smith? I am wanting to do a build on a 700, and wondering if someone around here does good work.

+1 on the stockysstocks.com they carry several brands and have good customer service. Find what you want online, but order it over the phone. Depending on exactly what you want, Bell&Carlson make a few nice, well priced, southpaw styles. I've put em on a couple rifles and really like em so far.

Do you by chance use a local smith? I am wanting to do a build on a 700, and wondering if someone around here does good work.

There are many very good Smiths in the area. I have been using Dave Young of Youngs gunsmithing in Tracy Montana ( up by Great Falls) Dave has agreed to do the machining for me on this one too. I will do the assembly and bedding and load development.

Jeff

Thanks a lot Broz. I met with a smith here yesterday (Rockies Gunworks). I am thinking about maybe going with a laminate for my build. If I do, I might sell my LHLA H-S sporter. Let me know if you might be interested. It is black with grey web and weighs 2lbs 3oz

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.