• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Large pistol primers available (CCI AND Federal) ONLY $300 per 1K! No Hazmat fee

Just got this email from Mass ammo. Only $295-$300 per 1K. I guess if you need them bad enough, go get them!!! Btw, no Hazmat fee!
P.S..... they're also on sale, you're saving 17%-24% :oops: hahahaha

View attachment 255820
Hard pass.
I'm so glad I always maintained stock.
Some fellow shooters and hunters literally laughed at me when I said "Might come a time when there's a shortage".
They're not laughing anymore.

I have a sinking feeling that once we start finding primers regularly on the shelves, those are the prices that we are going to have to pay if you want them... Maybe not to that extreme, but I fear the days of $40/1000 are over. I hope not....
After 9 months of nothing at a local farm and barn, they had small pistol Winchester primers for $47.90/1000. I believe we are going to be looking at this as the norm. :(

Just got this email from Mass ammo. Only $295-$300 per 1K. I guess if you need them bad enough, go get them!!! Btw, no Hazmat fee!
P.S..... they're also on sale, you're saving 17%-24% :oops: hahahaha

Unbelievable! I want to ask them if I get a woman with that. 🤔😉

People are free to charge what ever they want and people are free to pay as much as they want but if people would just hang tight the prices will come down and more will be available for all of us
So true. my limit is no more than 5 cents per primer. Here is California I saw the writing on the wall. November of 2016 when it looked like Hillary might get elected I bought as much ammo, primers and powder to last years. I remember 22 LR going from $0.10/round dropping down to $0.03 is less than two years. Supply and demand at work here.

It took 2-3 years for the supply lines to fill back up after the last shortage. 2019 saw lots components on the shelves, lots of rimfire Ammo and very good pricing. I don't think we will see that again for years. Not being negative just being realistic. I didn't have much during last shortage and swore I'd change that, which I did in 2018 and 2019 but it sucks for the person just getting into shooting or reloading and for the people who didn't plan ahead. Your either gonna gonna pay more to enjoy the hobby or give it a rest for a bit. No win situation.

I am personally remembering every vendor that price gouged, took 3 mos to ship or was an *** in any way during this little "high demand" period. I have struck quite a few vendors of my list, but have become very loyal to a select few others. For example, to this day, I still dont buy from cheaperthandirt for any reason for their little 2012 PC fiasco.

I have a sinking feeling that once we start finding primers regularly on the shelves, those are the prices that we are going to have to pay if you want them... Maybe not to that extreme, but I fear the days of $40/1000 are over. I hope not....
They won't be if everyone refuses to pay that much. Manufacturing costs have not gone up 1000%, just sellers greed.

There is a network of opportunist's out there buying up ammo and primers and then marking them up 4 time the cost. If you buy from them then there back out there buying more to screw you and me. If you don't buy at that high cost then they will be stuck with them and will have to come down on prices.
JMO.

After checking the websites for the 10th time yesterday, my wife said what's the big deal with powder? I said imagine you needed quilting thread and batting and it was unavailable except for 10 times what you normally pay unless you got lucky in the few minutes timeline in which it was in stock. Dead in the water, no quilting at all. She said I would switch to a less expensive thread... I said those are the ones I'm talking about. Quality stuff isn't available at any price. She no longer questions why I am looking for powder multiple times a day.